• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘What Characterises a Hardcore Oakley Collector?

My score is 37/60.

You should work out percentages and then add a second list detailing out of 100% what Hardcore bracket you fall into....
Great minds think alike. I was going to collect a few more and then do a scoring system. If I keep adding stuff, people have to keep on adjusting their score. Also, I was going to make it more nuanced. Like allocate points based on ranges of answers e.g. have 1 pair not used for 1 year - 1 point, 2-5 pairs not used for 1 year - 2 points, 6-20 pairs not used for 1 year - 3 points etc.

Great minds think alike. I was going to collect a few more and then do a scoring system. If I keep adding stuff, people have to keep on adjusting their score. Also, I was going to make it more nuanced. Like allocate points based on ranges of answers e.g. have 1 pair not used for 1 year - 1 point, 2-5 pairs not used for 1 year - 2 points, 6-20 pairs not used for 1 year - 3 points etc.

Be interesting to know who is the most “Hardcore” here.

@"TRUMP" can’t be far off the top spot with his current score.

Post count and #of likes might be included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

updated
  1. You have taught an Oakley salesperson something about Oakley that they didn't know (@"TRUMP")
  2. You know that the 24K Juliet and 24K XS are NOT made from REAL gold
  3. You have BNIB Oakleys that have literally never been worn (and still have the stickers on the lenses)
  4. You've returned a creased box to a seller because it "wasn't as described"
  5. You've purposely used gloves when handling your Oakleys for the sole purpose so that you wouldn't affect them adversely with fingerprints, frame damage or dirt (counts if it was during lens changes/maintenance)
  6. You have specific eBay saved searches which you check religiously (@Wavecloud)
  7. Your spouse has given up trying to make you stop collecting (@flyer)

Back