• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

E.J

Oakley Beginner
Looking for a first pair of Oakleys to use while rowing.
Based in England, conditions can vary from cloudy and low light, to very high glare off water in the summer.
Ideally looking for a pair of Radar EV Pitches ( I have a quite a small head shape but want maximum coverage with pitch lenses to prevent splashing water into my contact lenses ), with polarized lenses.
I've been looking at SWP and DWP lenses and can't figure out which one I like more, although I am thinking of maybe buying a used white frame from Facebook marketplace etc. and fitting lenses from oakley themselves into that, as I'm not sure on the default colourway on the SWPs and DWPs with the grey/black frame. Oakley custom is also an option ( I can get a 25% discount on Unidays) which would bring it to around 180 pound, but the above option where I buy a second hand new frame and lenses separately seems cheaper.
What I am asking is, is it worth it to go out of my way to get SWP/DWP through the above method/custom, or should I just get whichever polarised colour I like the look of like ruby or sapphire iridium etc., and if the answer is that SWP/DWP are noticably better for rowing, is SWP the better of the two? I would assume so since I row in fairly shallow water, but they seem to be designed for fishing so i dont necessarily need to see under the water, just need to cut out water glare in the summer but still have enough light transmission to see well when its cloudy (i still need to wear glasses to stop backsplash getting into my contact lenses in head season (autumn/winter), + need the free speed for head races)
What I have noticed is that Oakley do not currently sell any Radar EVs with SWP Pitch, you can get SWP path but only the pitch ones through custom glasses or buying replacement lenses.
If anyone had a comparison picture of what you see through both lenses, as well as what they look like from the outside, that would be great thanks.

Personally I LOVE the DWP - great mirror effect and color, and beautiful to look through. I much prefer it to the SWP, both from the inside and out, but to a large degree it's just personal preference.

Do a lot of fishing inshore and offshore. I find SWP/DWP do what their name says for cutting glare and seeing into the water. There is a 3rd lens in that line, Maritime Prizm. I've found this lens to be great for just being on the water.

Maritime is a great lens. Same base as DWP and SWP, only available on Oakley SI although eBay has plenty. I have the, in a Splitshot. Worth looking at if you can.

Maritime is a great lens. Same base as DWP and SWP, only available on Oakley SI although eBay has plenty. I have the, in a Splitshot. Worth looking at if you can.
I searched eBay for Maritime for Radar EV and couldn't find anything - do you have a link? Or were you saying Maritime generally is available and weren't referring to the requested EV Pitch that the OP was looking for?

I did find the Oakley Radar EV Path (not Pitch) on Amazon, but the whole sunglasses, not just the lens, so it's the full price. I suggest trying them out if possible - I tried SWP/DWP/Matirime at Bass Pro Shops and liked DWP the best, but again, personal preference and in-store is obviously different than on the water. I also like Pitch better than Path.

Last edited:
Back