• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

Thank you! Yeah, I've got some work to do.
Sorry for the loss of your brother - was he a member on here?

He sure had a good taste in Oakleys - they are some of the most collectable pairs from the X-Metal line.

The four digit Romeos have picked up the tag 'Jordans' as MJ was regularly seen wearing his 0023 pair and was also featured on the pop card advertising piece.
aeb9aa3017bd0e0d01cf63b31b3bbb10.jpg

He also had his full on signature pair of 'Mars' where he even appears on the box, so these have an 'official' link to him.
cc2c9f8466c81cab4051b576781f93a3.jpg

The 'X' serial Juliet is known as an 'X Man' pair as the first 5000 were released to coincide with the release of one of the movies.

Good luck if you decide to sell them but I hope you keep them in memory of your brother.
Try to find the boxes as this will make them much more desireable.

Last edited:
Hey y'all!

I'm never selling, but for interest's sake, what do you think these are worth when repaired? I don't think I still have the case.

20240118_230902.jpeg

20240118_231602.jpeg

Hey y'all!

I'm never selling, but for interest's sake, what do you think these are worth when repaired? I don't think I still have the case.

View attachment 1111235

View attachment 1111236
Every X-Metal is worth saving.
Nose job done by a pro $40-60
OEM Rubber $30-60
OEM Lenses $80-100
Market value mint looking with matching box $350 to 400

Last edited:
Every X-Metal is worth saving.
Nose job done by a pro $40-60
OEM Rubber $30-60
OEM Lenses $80-100
Market value mint looking with matching box $350 to 400
Worn hard. No original lenses and mostly non-original rubbers. Just wondering anyway.

Hey y'all!

View attachment 1111235

View attachment 1111236
They're not really worth anything if you're never selling, but if you are, they're only worth what someone is willing to spend on them.
Best indicators are up to date completed transactions on here (if price hasn't been omitted) or eBay.

Worn hard. No original lenses and mostly non-original rubbers. Just wondering anyway.
CBPs are rare but it’s one of those models where it doesn’t add value (because there are equivalent models later on) and is only really of particular interest to diehard collectors (I have a pair!). They’re meant to be worn anyway, so glad you have used them.

Hey y'all!

View attachment 1111235

View attachment 1111236
Repair if you want to wear them. otherwise, the valuable xmetals you might see here are either complete+matching+Like new or are just valued on the frame + new parts Agree with the people above, personally I am looking for this pair because of the serial but am only in the market for complete like-new specimens and would be willing to pay $5-600 for a pristine example.

Back