• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today??

1st Gen M Frame Crystal Clear with sweeps
15972541953051462255882006219030.jpg
15972542432366820247042172989403.jpg

Hi,

Just want to know how lizard have held up till today~ I am considering buying Lizard 2 but was skeptical of their durability due to their 'half-rimlessness '... Thanks!

Hi there! Sorry, i'm not super active on this forum anymore, but still have a collection going. I pop in every once in a while just to see what's going on. In anycase....

I have both the Transistor and the Lizard. The Lizard is just the same frame as the Transistor with a slightly taller lens with a more squared off shape in comparison. The Transistor is a 5 year old frame that has my updated Rx so i can use it for driving at night. The Lizard is a 2 year old frame that i use daily for work at a computer. It has the Blue light filter on it. They've both held up very well. No issues with half rims. If you haven't seen the frame up close, it's actually not 100% rimless. There is a thin piece of metal that holds the lens in place.

Hope this helps!

1.jpg
2.jpg

And while i'm here, hello everyone! Hope all are doing well and staying safe during the pandemic. I've been holed up in my house working from home and daily wearing Frogskins when i walk my dog. My other pairs are just sitting as shelf whores.

Last edited:
Hi there! Sorry, i'm not super active on this forum anymore, but still have a collection going. I pop in every once in a while just to see what's going on. In anycase....

I have both the Transistor and the Lizard. The Lizard is just the same frame as the Transistor with a slightly taller lens with a more squared off shape in comparison. The Transistor is a 5 year old frame that has my updated Rx so i can use it for driving at night. The Lizard is a 2 year old frame that i use daily for work at a computer. It has the Blue light filter on it. They've both held up very well. No issues with half rims. If you haven't seen the frame up close, it's actually not 100% rimless. There is a thin piece of metal that holds the lens in place.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 775459View attachment 775460

And while i'm here, hello everyone! Hope all are doing well and staying safe during the pandemic. I've been holed up in my house working from home and daily wearing Frogskins when i walk my dog. My other pairs are just sitting as shelf whores.
I love my transistor!

Hope this helps!

View attachment 775459View attachment 775460

Those have some wicked cool hinges. Good to see you buddy!

Latest Posts

Back