• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

I’m under 30, even though the hairline would tell you otherwise, but I’ll only wear O for the rest of my life

giphy.gif

Your reflection is interesting! It's really interesting how fashion changes over time. Glasses are not only protection from the sun, but also a stylish accessory. Young people always bring fresh ideas, but we, the older generations, can also feel nostalgia for past trends. This is a kind of cycle of fashion, where each generation discovers and rethinks style. Let your glasses always express your uniqueness and taste!
The two decade cycle.......

Guy born in 2001 reporting here (hard to believe, probably). So, I'd like to confirm a bunch of stuff that has been already said first: nobody in Europe wears Oakley for lifestyle and you wont see young people using forums like these. But interest for vintage Oakleys is growing, although for a very small niche of young people. It all has to do with the 2000s coming back. Problem is that all the cool vintage pairs that suit this neo-2000s aesthetic are super overpriced, especially in Europe. So they don't actually end up getting much traction except from "fashion enthusiasts".
One thing is for sure: young people today love a good pair of Oakleys (even if they dont know it!), and I always get compliments on them and people wanting to try them on. Old people will look at you weird if you wear them casually, actually, but maybe that's an Italy thing.

I think I actually got a friend of mine to start looking into getting their own pair, which is something. I personally just got drawn in by how cool-looking some frames are, and the older, more inspired 2000s aesthetics. I love the creativity that went into them. But I also love my Fast Jacket (first Oakleys I ever got). The frame is just that cool compared to other brands' stuff, even if it's probably not the most notable of frames in your eyes.

TL;DR almost nobody young wears oakley outside of sports but the few people who do are actually considered cool

Anecdotal evidence that's probably been said a bajillionty times that i'm not going to read-

Young dudes seem to be flocking to the giant monos. Sutros are mad popular every time i'm in my local wallet emptying location. I'm also in a very baseball friendly part of the country (and well, world...) and radars and sutros move big around here even in the zoomer and alpha set. I also seem to get a lot of positive vibes from younger dudes when I pull some of my weird stuff out of hiding and wear that around. I also got some positive flow the last time I got out my 24k BXTR metals- which doesn't surprise me given the prevalence of a certain brand of hole snakes that a lot of people seem to be into.

Back