• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Subzero lense design question

dbpo

Oakley Beginner
I was looking to buy a pair and I noticed there are some models that have the lense with a full uniform design while others have the etched out pattern around the eyes.
I thought the satisfy collabs were the only ones with this, are there specific models out there with this type of lense? I'm on the hunt for a version without the etched design.

Left subzero woodgrain --- right subzero prizm regular
1714666435849.png
1714666643219.png

I didn't know any of them weren't etched, don't recall woodgrain either. Where did you see those?
I saw the woodgrain from ebay (idk if i'm permitted to link) if you search oakley subzero woodgrain they will show up. There is one I saw still with the etched design as well.

I didn't know any of them weren't etched, don't recall woodgrain either. Where did you see those?
Both of these are woodgrain

Link no etch:
Link with etch:

They are prototypes. Kind of like all those other odd proto's that find their way out of HQ.

The lenses are scratched either because of either how they get them out of the plant, or because they were already damaged and used as samples.

They are prototypes. Kind of like all those other odd proto's that find their way out of HQ.

The lenses are scratched either because of either how they get them out of the plant, or because they were already damaged and used as samples.
Ah that makes sense, appreciate the info!

Back