• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need some expert advice!

There is no way these are legit, right? the guy is selling them for a crazy cheap price. Let me know worth a shot to check.

They may be really obviously fake but I am no expert so thought I'd ask here.

IMG_3972.jpeg

IMG_3971.jpeg

IMG_3970.jpeg

IMG_3969.jpeg

IMG_3968.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

There is no way these are legit, right? the guy is selling them for a crazy cheap price. Let me know worth a shot to check.

They may be really obviously fake but I am no expert so thought I'd ask here.

View attachment 1130602

View attachment 1130603

View attachment 1130604

View attachment 1130605

View attachment 1130606

View attachment 1130607
Yeah these are no doubt fakes. If you have any questions for fake/legit threads, you can check out this thread and ask questions there:

Another thing I've found useful, as a fellow Oakley beginner, is plugging the SKU of the model being listed (if given, they're usually placed on the left arm of the frame) into oreview (O-Review) so that I can look at pictures of the model. Sometimes you fill find it doesn't even correspond to anything or to another model, which will be a clear signal of a fake. Also, another very useful thing is looking for similiar posts on reddit (looking up stuff like "Oakley <Model> legit check reddit" on your favourite search engine) and seeing what kind of things are pointed out about the models being posted so that you can check for them in the listing you're looking at.
But tbh, asking in that thread might just be all you need. All the collective knowledge gathered here beats anything we could learn in a bunch of weeks.

For a model to look for, I personally like the Unknowns. I like the Dark Grey and Platinum FMJ ones and they shouldn't really cost more than 100 USD, or so I've heard.

Yeah these are no doubt fakes. If you have any questions for fake/legit threads, you can check out this thread and ask questions there:

Another thing I've found useful, as a fellow Oakley beginner, is plugging the SKU of the model being listed (if given, they're usually placed on the left arm of the frame) into oreview (O-Review) so that I can look at pictures of the model. Sometimes you fill find it doesn't even correspond to anything or to another model, which will be a clear signal of a fake. Also, another very useful thing is looking for similiar posts on reddit (looking up stuff like "Oakley <Model> legit check reddit" on your favourite search engine) and seeing what kind of things are pointed out about the models being posted so that you can check for them in the listing you're looking at.
But tbh, asking in that thread might just be all you need. All the collective knowledge gathered here beats anything we could learn in a bunch of weeks.

For a model to look for, I personally like the Unknowns. I like the Dark Grey and Platinum FMJ ones and they shouldn't really cost more than 100 USD, or so I've heard.
Awesome! This is a huge help thank you so much! O-Review was a site I found a little while ago and forgot the name of so thanks for handing it over to me again. I'm gonna try to learn more about spotting fakes but will probably check with the experts here.

As for the Unknowns, those are really nice! I feel my concern is the glasses being too small for my face. I guess I am unsure of how to know if they will look decent on me or not.

Latest Posts

Back