• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MLB 2015

Speaking of Astros.... I see Bo Porter, former manager, is now 3rd base coach for the Braves

Speaking of Astros.... I see Bo Porter, former manager, is now 3rd base coach for the Braves
I wouldn't say he was a bum, because we had garbage players starting last year, BUT, I don't think he would have gotten to the playoffs even with a top 7 payroll.....

he just wasn't that great of a manager.....

I think our starting payroll last year was 48MM, HAHAHA !!!! and that's being conservative...I honestly think it was more like 42mm...

I can't remember......

lol - just looked it up...

Astros payroll for 2014 was 44MM...

the Yankees' CC Sabathia and Mark Teixeira made more than our entire team...

so did Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton from the Angels......

Houston Astros designated hitter Evan Gattis isn't off to a great start this season. After going 0 for 4, with four strikeouts Wednesday, there was hope things would be better moving forward. Things couldn't possibly get worse, right?

Not exactly. Gattis repeated his stat-line Thursday, striking out in all four of his at-bats for the second consecutive day. He's now struck out in his last eight at-bats. Those numbers don't put him in great company.

Following the game, Gattis told the Houston Chronicle's Jose de Jesus Ortiz, "I couldn't play any worse if I try." He added that his performance has been "embarrassing" thus far.
Gattis might as well have tossed his entire team under the bus in that last statement. He wasn't the only player to struggle Thursday. The Astros notched just one hit against the Cleveland Indians during the contest. That came with one out in the ninth inning. They were just two outs away from being no-hit for the second time in four seasons. During the contest, the Astros struck out a whopping 16 times.
This has been a trend for the team early. Houston struck out 13 times Wednesday. Part of that is due to the Indians' strong pitching thus far, but the other has to do with the Astros' offseason strategy...

The team brought in Gattis, Colby Rasmus and Luis Valbuena during the offseason. All three of those players struck out in over 20 percent of their plate appearances last season. Combine that with Chris Carter, Jason Castro and George Springer, and you have six players in the lineup who strike out at alarming rates.

I wouldn't say he was a bum, because we had garbage players starting last year, BUT, I don't think he would have gotten to the playoffs even with a top 7 payroll.....

he just wasn't that great of a manager.....

I think our starting payroll last year was 48MM, HAHAHA !!!! and that's being conservative...I honestly think it was more like 42mm...

I can't remember......
I wasn't saying anything good or bad about Porter. I noticed the name sounded familiar and I just did a search lol.

Braves won their home opener against the Mets. 2 errors and 2 unearned runs. Thanks for the help.

Astros Starting Lineup:

(2) players hitting .300 or above
(3) players hitting under .135
2nd in Strikeouts
27th in Runs
27th in OBP
29th in Average
28th in Hits

I'm ready for baseball season......

**with my dusty stands**

DSC_2589.jpg

Tonight was home run derby in the Rogers Centre. Toronto hit 5 to the Braves' 2. At least the Braves prevailed.

DAMN. The Braves have run into a buzzsaw called the METS! Mets have won 10 in a row!

Back