• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lopaka's O-stuff

Ah…somewhere about the 6/7 page I think I forgot to periodically blink 🤯. Too cool for words my fellow “Robert” 🪖👍

Funny how one gets interested in “something”…and a few years pass and you look back and go…”Huh…where did all this stuff come from?” I have a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea themed man-cave…yeah. It’s well…you know 🌊🦑😏👍

Now I think I need to apologize to everyone about my invitation to visit. It was very sincere in that I don't mind people stopping by my place and taking photos with me. But I'm now realizing it was very naive of me in that there isn't anything Oakley to see in a visit to my home in general. My garage is a working garage filled with two cars, washer and dryer, tools, and storage for a bunch of my wife's junk. I never thought about displaying anything Oakley in it. Not one O is visible, aside for a couple stickers on my tool box. I would actually ask you NOT tp take photos of my wife's junks. It's embarrassing as hell.
Now to my glasses and displace cases. To even look at my collection of things, it is near impossible for even friends and family to look at, because of where I set up my stuff. Instead of the living room where everyone comes to visit. My wife made me put my things upstairs where there's only bedrooms (taboo). In the very back of our bedroom, in our walk in closet is a small closet. That's where I'm at. The deepest, darkest, furthest part of my house. That's where my stuff is at. Best I would be able to do is point up towards a certain point of my garage ceiling and say my glasses are in a room above us. Now if you did want to see something in particular I could bring that out for you for viewing. Like if you've never actually held a Medusa in your hands, or had one on your head.
Lastly I want to apologize for my wife, and to my wife. She's Hawaiian but seriously lacking in Aloha spirit. She actually doesn't like it when people she doesn't know are at my house to see me. Me. I'm the total opposite. I'll talk with just about anyone. But I know I'm doing something she doesn't like. What I'm getting at is I won't even be able to invite you into my home. My wife is very private and it would absolutely infuriate her if I allowed 'strangers' in. She's actually a very messy person and I would be embarrassed to show you what our living room looks like. So no one coming into the home works for me, based on that subject.
Again I want to apologize that I asked everyone to visit a place that almost seems devoid of anything Oakley. I put zero thought into it obviously. Was just sitting at my table working on my glasses thinking how cool it would be for someone if they showed up then when I have everything out and they could watch a little. But I also don't work on Oakley stuff everyday. Lol. I hope I'm not bursting a bubble for you or anyone else. I would love to have my picture taken with as many other members as possible. But my reality is that might be all I can really offer. So apologies again for lack of Oakley stuff. But I do have cold beers in my fridge so not all hopeless here. :cool-33:🤙
Hi thank you for sharing your honest feeling.i totally understand and respect the privacy of your home.of course the main purpose is to see you and share some talk about our passion for Oakley and the aloha spirit 😀. I'm planning to visit Hawaii islands next year so I will be honored to meet you in person. Don't want to abuse of your time as well. I will let you know when I confirm the dates.

Hi thank you for sharing your honest feeling.i totally understand and respect the privacy of your home.of course the main purpose is to see you and share some talk about our passion for Oakley and the aloha spirit 😀. I'm planning to visit Hawaii islands next year so I will be honored to meet you in person. Don't want to abuse of your time as well. I will let you know when I confirm the dates.
Would love ❤️ for 'anybody, everyone' to stop by my place. If you come on the weekends and there's a much better chance of me actually doing something in my garage. I work a regular Monday through Friday job. @J Romeo R 21 visited me on a weekday and came after I finished work. So he caught me still in my work funk (sweaty and smelly). So I changed into a dirty shirt. Hahaha. Sorry Bro. I didn't even get a chance to offer a beer, as my wife had just come home after Tae Kwan Do class. Talk about bad timing. But I'm super happy he came by. You know, I'm 'honored' that you guys think of me worthy enough of an O-visit. :cool:🤙

IMG_0705.jpeg

Last edited:
Would love ❤️ for 'anybody, everyone' to stop by my place. If you come on the weekends and there's a much better chance of me actually doing something in my garage. I work a regular Monday through Friday job. @J Romeo R 21 visited me on a weekday and came after I finished work. So he caught me still in my work funk (sweaty and smelly). So I changed into a dirty shirt. Hahaha. Sorry Bro. I didn't even get a chance to offer a beer, as my wife had just come home after Tae Kwan Do class. Talk about bad timing. But I'm super happy he came by. You know, I'm 'honored' that you guys think of me worthy enough of an O-visit. :cool:🤙

View attachment 1082357
No worries brother, I had fun meeting your and your lovely family.even for a short time. I was excited just meeting a nice Oakley collector like yourself. Next time for sure it would be longer with beer. Mahalo again for the meet up. Maybe next time with @Brettc10 Take care bro 😎🤙🏽🤙🏽

J
No worries brother, I had fun meeting your and your lovely family.even for a short time. I was excited just meeting a nice Oakley collector like yourself. Next time for sure it would be longer with beer. Mahalo again for the meet up. Maybe next time with @Brettc10 Take care bro.
No worries brother, I had fun meeting your and your lovely family.even for a short time. I was excited just meeting a nice Oakley collector like yourself. Next time for sure it would be longer with beer. Mahalo again for the meet up. Maybe next time with @Brettc10 Take care bro 😎🤙🏽🤙🏽
Next time I’ll be a guy from Craigslist, I’m sure your wife would love that and tell her that I’m buying your Mars for $200……🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Aloha. I think I had a collection thread at one time and I must've deleted it like I did my first DIY Garage thread. The things I do outta anger, Oh well. Hahaha. Anyway, some old photos survived from before my "purge". Pictures only shows glasses, though I did sell off other things like watches. Just like now, I didn't have much then. Here's photo's from a few years back. My cases are still in the exact position as in these photos. Just most things in these photos that wasn't a Mars were sold. And I even sold a couple of Mars and Craters. Till I started getting sellers remorse from doing that. I'll get everyone caught up with what I have now. But for now, here's photos from the past of (what used to be) my stuff (not worthy of the title 'collection'). :cool-33:🤙

View attachment 1041280View attachment 1041281View attachment 1041282View attachment 1041283View attachment 1041284View attachment 1041285View attachment 1041286View attachment 1041287View attachment 1041288View attachment 1041289View attachment 1041290View attachment 1041291View attachment 1041292View attachment 1041293View attachment 1041295
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

By the time I got my anodizing started, I had sold most of what I had. The last photo in this group, I can see the level under my Mars, and there's only a couple of Scars. I also had about half dozen work Valves 1.0. But most of my case was empty at this point.

View attachment 1041330View attachment 1041331View attachment 1041332View attachment 1041333View attachment 1041334View attachment 1041335View attachment 1041336View attachment 1041337View attachment 1041338View attachment 1041339View attachment 1041340View attachment 1041341View attachment 1041342View attachment 1041343
Man, I need one of those Mars 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽