• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How many X-Metals do you have?

Juliet’s - 2

Started my collection on the 30th November 2023 and got my second pair 22nd December (got a vault with that one too). Not doing too bad…

EE8E6AE3-89DC-4DBB-991C-6BC3F125C1A6.jpeg

Romeo - 15
Mars - 8
Juliet - 61
XMXX - 15
Penny - 9
Romeo 2.0 - 15
Half X - 10
X- squared - 13

Badman - 2
Madman - 1

146-149 if we count fauX-metals

Wow, you got a pretty lot of X-Metals!

I would love to see how you have them all displayed; it would be a shame if they were just sitting in boxes on a shelf.

My X-Metal count is about to change, but I want to wait for the new additions to arrive before I post pics or numbers.

New Beater Juliet!

As of today 🪖👍

3 - Mars - 2 of which are Craters!
1 - Romeo 1
1 - XX
3 - Juliets
1 - HX

I keep getting outbid for a Madman on eekBay. Y’all cut me some slack out there! 😎🤙

When you do start adding Madmans/Badmans to your collection, make sure you designate them as "fake or faux" X-Metals in this thread... some members are very particular about what truly counts as an X-Metal. The general consensus is that they are not X-Metals, since they are made of some non-titanium alloy and plastic. But...

oakley-madman-badman-e1429559906718-jpg.jpg

When you do start adding Madmans/Badmans to your collection, make sure you designate them as "fake or faux" X-Metals in this thread... some members are very particular about what truly counts as an X-Metal. The general consensus is that they are not X-Metals, since they are made of some non-titanium alloy and plastic. But...

View attachment 1111970

Indeed. I had noted some comments to the effect that it was allegedly the Black Sheep of the X-Metal family. Seems to me I looked it up and it was actually a metal frame…but not titanium you say? I shall have to search and read the debates. I’m interested since one of these is not coming in at below the 200.00 dollar price point 🤔

If ever actually get one I shall give it its own sub category…a couple spaces below the Old Guard 🪖👍

Indeed. I had noted some comments to the effect that it was allegedly the Black Sheep of the X-Metal family. Seems to me I looked it up and it was actually a metal frame…but not titanium you say? I shall have to search and read the debates. I’m interested since one of these is not coming in at below the 200.00 dollar price point 🤔

If ever actually get one I shall give it its own sub category…a couple spaces below the Old Guard 🪖👍
The Madman and Badman are definitely not X-Metal in the sense of the original 8 models, but they are still cool glasses IMO. They are less sturdy for sure, to be warned. But I'm real gentle with mine and they stay nice.

Latest Posts

Back