• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HI Persimmon lens

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Hi everyone i an thinking of getting a HI Persimmon lens for my radars. .i know it has blue iridium coating over them but still want to know is it enough to use it on a medium bright day.. It will be very helpful if someone posts a picture of the lens both outside and inside. Thank you.

It's not a sun lens. It's a bright orange contrast, mostly used for sporting when you'd otherwise not be wearing sunglasses.

I rarely use my persimmons. Yellow and clear come out in low light or indoor, and I step right up to VR28 and similar when there's even a bit of sun.

It's not a sun lens. It's a bright orange contrast, mostly used for sporting when you'd otherwise not be wearing sunglasses.

I rarely use my persimmons. Yellow and clear come out in low light or indoor, and I step right up to VR28 and similar when there's even a bit of sun.
Yes vr28 is a all round lens... I don't have vr28.. I have blue iridium which has the vr28 base... What's your thought about new prizm trail lens? Can it used as a sun lens?

Hi everyone i an thinking of getting a HI Persimmon lens for my radars. .i know it has blue iridium coating over them but still want to know is it enough to use it on a medium bright day.. It will be very helpful if someone posts a picture of the lens both outside and inside. Thank you.

I have an HI Persimmon lens for a Radar at home. Ill take some pics for you tonight.

Blue (with VR28 base), persimmon, and hi yellow/yellow to give you an idea of what the HI does for the lens

64e3c7df5768ba54c1ebdef229e90322.jpg

df03abecb246a39823250e50a12a3697.jpg

Not for bright days. I use mine for rainy days or late afternoon/evening runs. Blue coating makes it look cool but I don't use it as much.

Yes vr28 is a all round lens... I don't have vr28.. I have blue iridium which has the vr28 base... What's your thought about new prizm trail lens? Can it used as a sun lens?

Nope.
Overcast yes.
I used it (have it on a Radar EV)once for a run in an overcast afternoon that then turned somewhat bright. It was good for the beginning of the run, but not adequate for the latter part (although still better than wearing no glasses).

Prizm trail has some similarities in the outside look (perhaps the bluish tint) but the view through is quite different.

Nope.
Overcast yes.
I used it (have it on a Radar EV)once for a run in an overcast afternoon that then turned somewhat bright. It was good for the beginning of the run, but not adequate for the latter part (although still better than wearing no glasses).

Prizm trail has some similarities in the outside look (perhaps the bluish tint) but the view through is quite different.
Yes both Blue iridium and prizm trail looks quite indentical from the outside but blue iridium is a darker lens where it has a 15% light transmission whereas trail has 36%.. pretty light than blue...

Latest Posts

Back