• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting the old melted rubber off my Juliets

So the sonic cleaner did get the cracks and orbital holes clean. Lense slots and small areas in the glasses where dust and dirt can build up. But didnt touch the baked on rubber and the decay. I did some homework on what needs to be done and they need to be micro sand blasted and put in an electrical bath. (Something like that) A little more science than I can handle. I'm going to ship them to OXM Parts and pay the 100 bucks. I ordered all new parts and rubbers from Line Gear and a new set of lenses. Ill add a pic here when they are completed.

You should send them to XMAN or Zach on here.
They both consistently post amazing work.

I have stuff I'll be sending them as soon as I stop buying new stuff!

Last edited:
Anyone have tried and tested techniques rather than me being a guinee pig?
I am a simplest... I have Q tips, pipe cleaners, soft cotton rags, old toothbrush heads from my sonicare toothbrush. I use rubbing alcohol and when its appropriate Flitz to polish. You are dealing with Titanium... very hard, very tough, so do not be afraid to soak them in alcohol unless its a sensitive custom job like anodized finish. Scrub them like the dirty little tramps they are, and if the boney oxidized look is not your thing then consider some of the already mentioned options.

There is 1000 ways to skin a cat... I have never had to be super fancy or creative in doing so...

I have been known to run a frame through the dishwasher even a time or two... need I mention... strip the frame first

So the sonic cleaner did get the cracks and orbital holes clean. Lense slots and small areas in the glasses where dust and dirt can build up. But didnt touch the baked on rubber and the decay. I did some homework on what needs to be done and they need to be micro sand blasted and put in an electrical bath. (Something like that) A little more science than I can handle. I'm going to ship them to OXM Parts and pay the 100 bucks. I ordered all new parts and rubbers from Line Gear and a new set of lenses. Ill add a pic here when they are completed.
Have you tried a sponge with some warm soapy water and then use some IPA on the more stubborn parts, with a clean sponge? Worked on my Plasma Juliets.

An extract from my thread that featured one ugly arsed gunked up Plasma/Fire Juliets

"Taking the glasses out, my heart sank. They were covered in black gunk, otherwise known as the box sponge: it had desintergrated, sticking to the lenses and the bloody frame. So after 20 minutes of careful rubbing with a mix of warm and cold water, they looked almost spotless"

Remember, to keep the Plasma looking original: NO harsh abrasives.

Back