• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting the old melted rubber off my Juliets

Mumbo Splattered

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Florida
I am cleaning up a pair of Juliets. The rubber has melted to the frame and there is a little green mildew growing on them. Any good ideas on how to clean these up? I was thinking toothpaste. Before i do that any proven methods?

1714574883859.png

1714574906425.png

I would try 91% Alcohol with paper towels or other throw-away towels... whatever towel you use with be pretty gross/ruined.

I am cleaning up a pair of Juliets. The rubber has melted to the frame and there is a little green mildew growing on them. Any good ideas on how to clean these up? I was thinking toothpaste. Before i do that any proven methods?
No biggie at all. Clean them to your best ability. Linegear out of Japan has great kits. Since you’re in Florida PM me. I have lots of unobtainable kits for Juliet’s. Good luck!

Media blasting works, for sure.

I'm going to assume a sonic cleaner wouldn't do diddly squat. They work great for jewelry, but I just don't see it working for removing that level of "adhesion"

I've taken an xacto knife and gently scraped away the gunk for a set that I wear everyday that I got off eBay.

The discoloration cannot be reversed, without being resurfaced.

Back