• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Double Tap Watch - Now Available

Yeah, the previous pics' lighting made it difficult to see the carbon accent, but it's there if you look at where the bracelet begins from the bezel. It looks like they just anodized the stainless steel to a carbon finish...definitely not plastic or o-matter.

Thanks for the info! Really clears things up. I wonder if that side piece can be removed easily so it can be custom cerakoted for a more prominent matte black finish? I hope I can get my hands on one soon!

I presume that you could tear down the watch and separate just that piece. From what I was told, the two tone design was a integral piece of this watch. It would be cool to see if the pieces are really separate...a red anodized finished would be dope. And maybe a blue anodized accent on the blue version.

Thanks for the pics. Certainly looks the biz. Wonder if there will be a different dial colour, not just the 5 minute markers

Okay, went back to take a couple comparison pics....looks like the DT is just a hair bigger in case size compared to the GB, pretty much negligible. The mgr said that the specs according to Oakley make the DT the largest face in the lineup. And just to confirm, the carbon accent piece is there.
View attachment 159129
View attachment 159130
View attachment 159131
View attachment 159133
I was going to get a gearbox at some point. Now I may hold out and get this beauty!!

Thanks for the pictures Brant!!

IMO these should be priced in the $300 - $500 range. Along with most of Oakley's watches... :behindsofa:

I'd go along with that. Far from the only manufacturer to over-price watches of course...
I agree with this 100%. I always felt that they are fairly priced using available 30-50% discounts off retail but at full price not a proper value. Then again is branding about value? :)

Sorry to hear that Linus! Was just at Ala Moana and the rep said they just sold out of the steath a couple of days ago. Apparently it's a hot item!

Latest Posts

Back