• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Cacatman's Who's Who 2017 Oakley Forum List

Updated 7th July, 2017.
THIS IS NOT A POLITICALLY CORRECT EXHAUSTIVE LIST - TBC

Feel free to tag and write a Who's Who/orbituary for a fellow member and I'll include it (or PM me with it).

@**Tinman** - Don't know him at all, but he was the only person who encouraged me to make this thread. Now, we're both banned.

@"TRUMP" - Resident "funnyman". IMHO one of the outrageous and hilarious guys on O.F. (no pressure).

@BigRabbit - Great collector who is extremely generous with his pricing! If you get anything from this guy, you know it's going to be excellent quality for a fantastic price.

@Blondie1976 - There's only one thing better than a chick who loves cars, and that's a chick who loves Oakleys. She'll make your heart flutter if she comments on your thread and has a great sense of humour. If O.F. had a Queen, then we'd all be calling Blondie, HRH!! True fact.

@BriP - Big collector from Western Australia. I was once flattered by being compared to BRiP who was a lot more active in the past. Solid member with a great rep!

@Chris A Hardaway - Need lenses cut? He's your man. Does an excellent job. Very reasonably priced. Very quick turnaround and very very approachable and responsive to questions. Top bloke (as we say Down Under).

@cyclerdoug - Surprise surprise, he's a cycler! Knows his lenses. One of the regular guys you'll see around here.

@Dallas O Hog - The Encyclopaedia Britannica of X-metals. Once you've exhausted your friends and the search bar, ask him your question if you really want your answer!

@dh4645 - Space reserved

@dingo ate my baby - Super tight X-metal collector who has a lot of rare stuff to trade. His eye and ability to get a bargain is legendary. The term "Dingo pricing" was coined in reference to him.

@dragonvoi - Space reserved

@Fernando - Spanish trader who has some awesome gear to sell. Unfortunately recently had a bout in hospital which took him out of circulation for a while. We are glad he's back.

@GH4AU - One of the more senior members with one of the most extensive collections and tons of rare stuff.

@GRFMotorsports - Space reserved

@iamFLIP - Space reserved

@jdd32 - Sydney based X-metal artist/fixer. If you're in the southern hemisphere, does great work!

@Jimbabwe - Space reserved

@Jmgarcia - Space reserved

@kronin323 - Expect useful, honest and ethical advice from this Texan. He'll challenge your thinking.

@Linegear Japan - Kimsan is based in Japan and is the Linegear Rep there. Super polite respectful guy who will give you some great deals. Also sells a lot of top end X-metals from time to time. Great guy to deal with.

@Lupetto - Based in Japan, this guy gets some great rare Japanese only released products for sale. Expect to pay a little more because of the distance. But his stuff is top notch.

@Litos - You have to follow this guy for his food posts in the "What's on your plate" thread, if nothing else! Loves anything Freddy Krueger or Disney's Stitch related.

@mercbezerk - Based in South Africa, Shannon surely has to have one of the best collections in the world.

@mjt42 - Space reserved

@OakleyBoss - Creator and founder of Oakley Forum. Keeps a low profile. If you get a message in your inbox from him, you will feel one of two emotions : immense fear that you are going to be imminently banned or totally flattered.

@OakleyFrankFMJ - Billionaire, playboy, genius (...at least in his own words). The only thing rarer than a Livestrong carbon C6, are the number of items that Uncle Frank has needed to purchase from other people second hand! He's the most prolific poster on O.F. and arguably the most annoying (to some, but especially if you don't "get him"). Allegedly has one of the largest collections in the world because he buys at least 3 of everything, and certainly has the largest collection of carbon C6es (at least 6, I believe). Allegedly a vampire born in the 12th Century who owns a castle. Routinely scares off Newbies. He's basically the "Stress Test" of OF. If you survive, then you can stay.

@oly396 - Space reserved

@pjd1234 - Space reserved

@QLR1 - Resident #2 poster on O.F. Super active on numerous other FB forums also! This dude has a heart of gold and keeps Uncle Frank in check. Has the most "likes" on O.F. on account of his almost daily OOTD posts. The only frequent selfie poster that really genuinely puts a smile on your face anytime he posts. Has a reputation for being the "Enforcer".

@SiRacer420 - Honest, hardworking, generous. He's the go-to-guy for 3D printing, Oakley (and other stickers) and now lens etching. Currently runs the Oakley of the Month competition.

@SouLFuLFrog - Moderator. Artist. Frog collector. Paints all O-matter. Literally is a Master Craftsman. Although he's based in Canada, prices for his stuff and his custom jobs are very worthwhile. If you can imagine it, he can paint it. He deserves his thread to be stickied, but because he is a Moderator, it's considered a "conflict of interest". Well, if you take a look, I think you'll agree with me, that it ought to be!!

@supersharp - Porsche owning Oakley wielding regular.

@The_Darkone - Keeps a low profile and has an incredible watch collection.

@THE X-MAN - It's hard to know whether he is more famous for his "X-man tight" X-metal nose bridge services or his unbelievable stealth X-metal paint jobs or his super smooth plasma finishes. If you're looking to do a job on your X-metals, look no further!

@washi me sensie - Top representative of OF to Red Cross and all around nice guy!

@Wicked - Knowledeable, trustworthy, smart mouthed guy. Really admire this guy for his values and outstanding A1 character (as far as you can know someone online), hence my homage avatar to wicked!!

@YakuzaFloralGangsta - Our tattooed German friend who has some amazing custom O-matter and X-metals to lust after. He loves his R1s, but I tell you, he has some custom O-matters to die for! Check out his collection!

@X-Metal Beast - Want to buy or trade excellent quality X-metals with no hassle or B.S.? This straight talking Floridian is no nonsense, objective, but be warned, he won't suffer fools lightly. He's an X-metal mentor to me like no other. Has one of the most desirable custom X-metal collections EVER. And I mean EVER. Check them out.

@zwc0442 - Incredible anodising and cerakotes....and I mean incredible. Check out his threads!
:rofl:

Interesting...

To me, it shows me what another person's individual perspective of this forum's active members (more or less) looks like. I've been aware that people interpret others' participation differently - for every person who has fans, they also have people who find them annoying. For every person who some see as valuable, there are others who consider them a major douchebag. Etc etc.

And that perspective of others is mostly invisible - You see the people who actually bother to respond to any particular post, and the slightly larger number of people who might throw it a "like", but the vast majority of readers' opinions remain anonymous. Is that because they stay silent to disapprove or just don't bother to engage? No way to tell. Not to mention what may be said in private vs. public discussion...

And then participation over time is another factor - it's not just people who join, "burn bright", then drop. Longer members (TWSS) have participated differently over time. Not just with activity but in how they interact (TWSS, too). Without going into details, I'm an example of that, now participate quite differently than I did before. But any particular observer's opinion is colored by the time window in which they are observing - there may be "spaced reserved"-people on your list who are some of the biggest experts out there but don't share like they used to (or participate at all), while there may be others spoken of favorably who are "Johnny-come-latelies" who have yet to match those who earlier filled that role. Or "like whore" ego-strokers who post a bunch of pics which initially seem attractive but they post the same **** again and again and again ad-nauseum but otherwise make no meaningful, or even responsible, contribution to this forum...
Personally, when I read your list, there was a lot I'd have said differently...

Not trying to criticize, just pointing out that there cannot be a definitive, much less consistent "who's who" list of members - too much subjectivity. I mean, there's already the statistical "notable members" lists on this forum, and they are pretty meaningless. Add subjectivity and it gets even more muddled.

But it's interesting to have another member's views so plainly exposed...

Last edited:
Interesting...

To me, it shows me what another person's individual perspective of this forum's active members (more or less) looks like. I've been aware that people interpret others' participation differently - for every person who has fans, they also have people who find them annoying. For every person who some see as valuable, there are others who consider them a major douchebag. Etc etc.

And that perspective of others is mostly invisible - You see the people who actually bother to respond to any particular post, and the slightly larger number of people who might throw it a "like", but the vast majority of readers' opinions remain anonymous. Is that because they stay silent to disapprove or just don't bother to engage? No way to tell. Not to mention what may be said in private vs. public discussion...

And then participation over time is another factor - it's not just people who join, "burn bright", then drop. Longer members (TWSS) have participated differently over time. Not just with activity but in how they interact (TWSS, too). Without going into details, I'm an example of that, used to participate quite differently than I did before. But any particular observer's opinion is colored by the time window in which they are observing - there may be "spaced reserved"-people on your list who are some of the biggest experts out there but don't share like they used to (or participate at all), while there may be others spoken of favorably who are "Johnny-come-latelies" who have yet to match those who earlier filled that role. Or "like whore" ego-strokers who post a bunch of pics which initially seem attractive but they post the same **** again and again and again ad-nauseum but otherwise make no meaningful, or even responsible, contribution to this forum...

Not trying to criticize, just pointing out that there cannot be a definitive, much less consistent "who's who" list of members - too much subjectivity. I mean, there's already the statistical "notable members" lists on this forum, and they are pretty meaningless. Add subjectivity and it gets even more muddled.

Such a Fouker.

But damn the TWSS. UGH.

Sent from Q's S8+

Interesting...

And then participation over time is another factor - it's not just people who join, "burn bright", then drop. Longer members (TWSS) have participated differently over time. Not just with activity but in how they interact (TWSS, too). Without going into details, I'm an example of that, used to participate quite differently than I did before. But any particular observer's opinion is colored by the time window in which they are observing - there may be "spaced reserved"-people on your list who are some of the biggest experts out there but don't share like they used to (or participate at all), while there may be others spoken of favorably who are "Johnny-come-latelies" who have yet to match those who earlier filled that role. Or "like whore" ego-strokers who post a bunch of pics which initially seem attractive but they post the same **** again and again and again ad-nauseum but otherwise make no meaningful, or even responsible, contribution to this forum...

Can someone update kronin's to modern day Socrates?

Well spoken piece man, and some very good points in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back