• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying XX 04-144 Box and coin

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
gif_20201219_175441.gif

Some people reacted to this post.
Somebody get this guy a box!

Bump

That ducking price hurts on O-Review.

better off buying a nib pair and selling your orphan

Username Hidden said:
better off buying a nib pair and selling your orphan
Not a bad idea. Do you have a line on one?

Let's try again

The unicorn 3 piece box... I have a theory why there are so few of them and that is I really believe allot of the last gen XX went to optometrist and were given prescriptions. I say this because of all the gens that gen comes across my lap often with RX lenses installed. In that scenario people are less likely to care about the box and most were lost to never being given to the customer or what not. I got super lucky one day and snagged a complete setup off eBay and to date it is one of my most difficult to acquire and proud of items in my collection. They did the 24K in 3 piece boxes as well and got super close to acquiring it but someone else snagged it before I could pony up $800.

They are out there so just stay persistent and watch the sites we all watch. Good luck in the hunt!

Username Hidden said:
The unicorn 3 piece box... I have a theory why there are so few of them and that is I really believe allot of the last gen XX went to optometrist and were given prescriptions. I say this because of all the gens that gen comes across my lap often with RX lenses installed. In that scenario people are less likely to care about the box and most were lost to never being given to the customer or what not. I got super lucky one day and snagged a complete setup off eBay and to date it is one of my most difficult to acquire and proud of items in my collection. They did the 24K in 3 piece boxes as well and got super close to acquiring it but someone else snagged it before I could pony up $800.

They are out there so just stay persistent and watch the sites we all watch. Good luck in the hunt!
Sounds like a good theory to me. I have seen a couple complete sets also. I came across a box and coin once on ebay but the seller wanted as much as the frame I have cost, so I passed.

I actually have two 04-144 frames. One I wear regularly and the other one mint and original. Just hoping to make it complete eventually.

Username Hidden said:
Sounds like a good theory to me. I have seen a couple complete sets also. I came across a box and coin once on ebay but the seller wanted as much as the frame I have cost, so I passed.

I actually have two 04-144 frames. One I wear regularly and the other one mint and original. Just hoping to make it complete eventually.
I would go as far as to say if the box is mint and complete with all pieces the price is going to be steep. The R2 is rare enough but far more available than the XX and top price I have watched sell on those was $250 with most I have watched sell in the upper $100's. I think I have only seen it one time where the box was listed with no glasses. Might be the same one you were looking at cause yea the price was a hard swallow for someone but it did sell eventually.