• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Half X

Nuke_Boy

Oakley Beginner
Hello Everyone!
I was not aware that there was a community/forum dedicated to Oakley sunglasses. Had I know, I would've shared my knowledge about the Penny Sunglasses that I bought back in 2003. I still have the original box, receipt, copper coin, lenses (though I have replaced the originals ice blue set for OEM black Iridium lenses). They are mostly for display now (after 20 years, I've gained some weight and the glasses don't look as good on me anymore :D

Anyhow, I did buy a pair of used X Metal Half X from ebay, and I have a question regarding this new set. The sunglasses show a vertical indentation on the nose bridge (facing out), it seems to me that it is a defect. Also, the sunglasses are not serialized, which makes me believe that these set of Half X sunglasses are in deed Oakley, but weren't serialized because of the defect. Does anyone know anything about this indentation? Is it a defect, or is it a different generation?

Thank you everyone!
Nose Bridge Indentation.jpg

Looks like a bend, but my experience with x metals is limited to wearing them for a few months and then losing them to a lake, so 🤷🏼‍♂️

And for OP:

Back