• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will M2 Frame XL Prizm Lenses Fit M Frame 2.0 Industrial?

Tiny_Momtana

Oakley Beginner
Greetings!
I apologize if this specific question has been answered elsewhere, I was not able to find the exact answer I need.

I am looking to replace my very old m2 Pro glasses, as the hinges are worn, and lenses scratched to an annoying level.

Would like to purchase the M Frame 2.0 Industrial glasses, and use various Prizm lenses for the M Frame 2.0. I have a big fat head, so I assume I would need the XL Lenses and frame. I need the Z.87 Stamp on the frame only.

Can anyone please confirm if this is possible?
Thanks in advance!

M2 Frame Industrial.png

M2 Frame XL Lenses.png

Generally no. The M2 lens fit to the Industrial frame is so loose the lens will fall out of the frame with little to no pressure. Might work if you drilled a hole in the lens for the clip though but it would still be very sloppy.

Thank you for the reply. So are there any Z87 stamped frames that I could use various lenses in that you are aware of? I made a mistake in my first post, I have M Frame Pros that are worn out. Again, thank you for the reply!

@WildWires I saw your message, but can not reply directly as I am not a paid member. I appreciate the offer, but I need a Z87 stamp on the frames. If you have anything like that I'd be very interested!

@WildWires I saw your message, but can not reply directly as I am not a paid member. I appreciate the offer, but I need a Z87 stamp on the frames. If you have anything like that I'd be very interested!
No prob, I didn’t realize you were new and couldn’t reply back. Good luck with your search!

Based on what you described you probably have a "new" M Frame as the Pro M Frame does not have hinges.

As far as lens options on Industrial or Ballistic frames, the lens options will always be limited, which is purposely done. The closest you'll get is the original Industrial M Frame which is compatible with all original M Frame lenses. You'd need to go with aftermarket or third party for lenses though.

Just keep in mind, when you use a stamped Frame, ANSI or MILSPEC, without a corresponding lens it is no longer compliant.

Here are some other options.

Det Cord, Tombstone, M Frame 3.0 and Alpha: have some TR lens options
Shock Tube, Speed Jacket: Have some Deep Water and Shallow Water Prizm options

So heres the thing with dropping M2 lenses into older M frames, can it be done , yes easy as swapping them out in original patterning no. Ive trimmed down M2 XL lenses to be put into " New M " Pro M frame frames. Drilling the hole is another thing as it would break or tear the coating and cause flaking each time its removed and replaced. Every now and then youll find the " New M " industrial frame for sale on oakley.com . post a picture of the frame youre wanting to put these lenses in i might be able to help you out if its " New M " Pro M in regards to putting a new M2 prizm lens in one of those frames.

Also if you make nice with someone that has an Oakley standard issue account they can get you the industrial lenses in prizm but the selection is limited

Back