• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Eye Jacket Broken Arm - any fixes?

Curses curses. I bought an old school pair of Zeros and broke an arm also. And then GRFMotosports has the one you do not need. I would think melting it on to it but would have to be something that would perfectly fit that tiny hole. Ask the member recommended above. Good luck.

If you have the part that broke off still you could pin it back together. Drill a small hole in the broke off part and a hole in the arm then glue the pin in and attach the part back that way. Should end up stronger than original that way. I've repaired a couple broken arms abs orbitals that way.

Definitely one of the weirder fixes I've found but super glue and baking soda holds old O Matter together quite well.

Super glue the pieces then sprinkle some baking soda on the wet super glue, little more super glue, sprinkle some more (repeat till it feels solid). Give it a few hours to dry completely and lightly sand off any excess.

I use this method to stick a Moon stem back together that broke at the skinny bit under the earsock. It's been a year, and multiple wears later it's still holding. Pretty sure the orbitals are going to fail before the fixed stem does

Definitely one of the weirder fixes I've found but super glue and baking soda holds old O Matter together quite well.

Super glue the pieces then sprinkle some baking soda on the wet super glue, little more super glue, sprinkle some more (repeat till it feels solid). Give it a few hours to dry completely and lightly sand off any excess.

I use this method to stick a Moon stem back together that broke at the skinny bit under the earsock. It's been a year, and multiple wears later it's still holding. Pretty sure the orbitals are going to fail before the fixed stem does
The video that where I saw this for the first time :

I need left stem for gen 1 fuel eye jackets. wonder the left stem is broken more often because you remove with right hand and it pulls on left? I seem to remember breaking a few back in the day.

I don’t have that. I am just now trying the Forum again but I am looking for some carbon Juliet’s and a pair of Slivers Flat back frames with blue polarized lenses for fishing. Keep an eye out for me. I will of course pay but if she’s looking for something let me know. I am looking for Juliet’s and X Squared Carbon color frames.

Oakley could really make some money if they just pulled all the old tooling and sold the parts for vintage. They'd probably make more than what a new complete pair costs after they put them on sale so often.

Back