• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Us Your Bike...

@Peeza21 are you long in the torso or just riding smaller? That 150 stem is looong if you're on the correct size frame! Yes?

I'm 6'3 and on a 58 Cervelo S and P frames and I'm running 110's...

And DAMN Nice S6 by the way!!!

;)

@cyclerdoug, Im riding the right size, but like to get low in the front. Im also 6'3 and have been riding a 140 until now, but still felt a little cramped.

Thanks, I do enjoy it.

Noice. Slam That Stem.

Actually, are you using their bearing cover? I've got it on my TCR. Needed to order more spacers to clear the edges of the headtube but iirc the cover was designed specifically for the CAAD9/10

@Ventruck, Im not using a slammed bearing cover, luckily the standard super6 cover that came on my bike was flat, so that was a winner.

@cyclerdoug, Im riding the right size, but like to get low in the front. Im also 6'3 and have been riding a 140 until now, but still felt a little cramped.

Thanks, I do enjoy it.

@Ventruck, Im not using a slammed bearing cover, luckily the standard super6 cover that came on my bike was flat, so that was a winner.

Good for you then, getting that low!

I'm not there with my 110...I'll get a fleet pic up hopefully this weekend.

image.jpeg

My buddy have rovals on his Santa Cruz Nomad. Pretty harsh rider. has cracked 6 of them. Im not dialed enough to do the carbon wheel thing. I pick the chunky ****ty line bash right through.

Del nice ride!! How do you like those Rovals?
I'm a loyal HED fan, especially their Jets...never rode any Rovals but heard a lot about them. Seem to have as good a following as ENVE.
I have no complaints. I have not spent much time (prior to this bike) on carbon wheelsets, so I don't really have much to compare them to. Reading up on wheel sets.....is mind boggling and everyone has their favorites...and every wheel set has it's pros and cons. For me.....this setup is working out fine so far.

I have no complaints. I have not spent much time (prior to this bike) on carbon wheelsets, so I don't really have much to compare them to. Reading up on wheel sets.....is mind boggling and everyone has their favorites...and every wheel set has it's pros and cons. For me.....this setup is working out fine so far.

Very cool. I hope they continue to work. The HED Jet series are actually not full carbon. I am skittish about using full carbon for the braking and weight issues. I am 6'3" and 214 lbs and those jets are aluminum box rims with carbon fairings on them for additional aero benefits. My "regular" wheels are Mavic Cosmics. Haven't made the leap to full carbon, and I doubt I will unless I can "steal" a sale set somewhere.

My buddy have rovals on his Santa Cruz Nomad. Pretty harsh rider. has cracked 6 of them. Im not dialed enough to do the carbon wheel thing. I pick the chunky ****ty line bash right through.

Your buddy has some serious disposable income Owl! He put Rovals on a Nomad?!?! That's some balls right there! I'd be afraid of crushing one and then my head right after!

Latest Posts

Back