• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1s - Collectible?

Here are some pictures- the frames are mint, just have gunk on them from sitting for like 15 years. Lenses are good except for a crack near one of the frame joints, pretty sure I over tightened it way back when.

I ordered replacement rubber parts form LineGear so I hope to get these things back on soon. View attachment 1135216
View attachment 1135217
View attachment 1135218
View attachment 1135219
Being an old metal head I Love that serial # LOL!!! That is a typical 1st gen Ti with a good boney finish... The first gens oxidized like that over time and to many its a desirable look. The sever tarnish on the backside of the orbitals is nothing you can really do about it. Its not uncommon since that part of the frame catches the sweat and lotions and grim from our activities over the years. To find a real Boney looking Ti without that as well is very desirable because most look just like yours have done. I say keep them. If the lenses need replaced I find Red iridiums come off the best with the bone look so Ruby, Torch, Road, + Red, etc.... The rubber falling apart is just part of it. All the old rubber will one day be extinct since that is the inevitable end to every set of OEM rubber that ever comes on Oakleys. I have been able to clean them with alcohol to get the sticky off and get more life out of them but there is no stopping their destiny to the trash bin.

@Broccoli is right though... I do not play golf but I have to imagine there are much better options. I always thought the Radar models were ideal for golf followed by Flak Jackets. Both are super light on the face and stay put when you bow your head down. I would wear the Romeo's to drive and casually but anything active or requiring my head to be in the down position R1's would be far from my 1st choice! Thank your ole pops for buying you those because they are a true Americana piece of history. That is their main attraction and popularity and why they bring so much when sold.

Keep them DEFINITELY, on the gift factor alone, there is some truth on the weight issue mentioned for golf, but a golf cart would solve that issue for you. Those are a very cool set of glasses!

Latest Posts

Back