• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakleys In The Wild - Celebs, TV, Sports, Etc

Didn't realize he was still racing. There was a point where him and Marco Melandri were looking like semi-contenders in GP.
800cc era sorta threw them wayside.

Yea last I heard he was in world superbike on an Aprilia. I think MotoAmerica has been trying to pull some talent from other places to try to get some more exciting racing

I'm watching the news about the Congressman that got shot this morning. He's our representative Steve Scalise. They're interviewing a staffer and he's wearing a old 2nd gen Zero. They were playing baseball so I guess it's fitting lol

It happened too fast to take a picture of.

Edit: They replayed it!
IMG_4816.JPG

Last edited:
Was watching the Canadian GP last weekend, and noticed the Williams pit crew were wearing Oakley Goggles. I am pretty sure they are being sponsored, can't wait to see if they come up with any Williams F1 pieces.

From your soon-to-be NL West champs.. here's a couple pics I snapped of (and this is pretty indisputable) the greatest defensive 3rd baseman to EVER play the game - Nolan Arenado (oh, and he isn't too bad offensively either.. he kinda makes Kris Bryant's offensive and defensive #s look quite mediocre).

Anyway, Nolan w the Radar EVs and Gerardo Parra chillin on the bench there in the background in matte uranium Radar EVs/Prizm Field. Mark Reynolds wears the exact same pair as Parra. Reynolds (btw) would easily be 1st ballot all-star at first base if ANYONE knew the CO Rockies even existed. And if you're thinking "well they play @ Coors Field blah blah blah.." then you better check their road record. Half these guys have better AWAY #s than home. The Rockies 25-13 road record (as of today) is top 3 in all MLB and that's even somewhat skewed as the couple teams with better road record percentages haven't played as many road games as the Rockies (sample size issues). But I digress...

Yea, when watching the games I'm always seeing players with Radar EVs (mostly), Flak 2.0s (second most), an occasional Radar (Ian Desmond) or older Flak model. Saw the Seattle Mariner's Trainer (a few weeks back when the Rox played them in interleague) wearing a pair of black Turbines, square O icon. Kinda puts in perspective oakley's attempt at bring the lifestyle line together with the active line.

20170611_125614.jpg
20170611_125653.jpg
20170611_125726.jpg

From your soon-to-be NL West champs.. here's a couple pics I snapped of (and this is pretty indisputable) the greatest defensive 3rd baseman to EVER play the game - Nolan Arenado (oh, and he isn't too bad offensively either.. he kinda makes Kris Bryant's offensive and defensive #s look quite mediocre).
"...You might want to do some research, sir...we've made Kris Bryant look mediocre for a long time..."

Sincerely,
1979 Mike Schmidt
1980 Mike Schmidt
1999 Chipper Jones
2004 Scott Rolen
2004 Adrian Beltre
2006 Aramis Ramirez

"...You might want to do some research, sir...we've made Kris Bryant look mediocre for a long time..."

Sincerely,
1979 Mike Schmidt
1980 Mike Schmidt
1999 Chipper Jones
2004 Scott Rolen
2004 Adrian Beltre
2006 Aramis Ramirez
Lol..i think he got a little carried away with the " Best ever"..delusional..dont speak to soon there buddy about winning the NL west..Dodgers won it last 4 years..there must be something in that mile high air.

Lol..i think he got a little carried away with the " Best ever"..delusional

So I mean, to clarify, you would dispute the statement that Nolan Arenado is the best defensive (statistically) 3B to ever play 3B?

Whether you extrapolate out sample size to compare Nolan's 4.5 MLB years to some/any of the game's historical 3B defensive greats, or if you look at any 4.5 year period from any 3B ever (ideally their first 4.5 years obv), the defensive stats are indisputable. Check the stats or check the tape. Either/or.

Yea, we finally have a legit season/team here in Colorado and, yes, I am pretty excited about that. There's a real opportunity to finally end the club's disgraceful history of never winning the NL West. But, you can't argue facts. If ever the Rockies do anything great (whether as a team or individually) it's brushed off or unnoticed in the national narrative. But statistically, we all know Matt Holliday was robbed of MVP in 2007 (even after embarrassing Philly/Rollins in the playoffs) because the Rockies weren't/aren't on the national radar. It was already decided Rollins would be the NL MVP. Absurd.

So I mean, to clarify, you would dispute the statement that Nolan Arenado is the best defensive (statistically) 3B to ever play 3B?

Whether you extrapolate out sample size to compare Nolan's 4.5 MLB years to some/any of the game's historical 3B defensive greats, or if you look at any 4.5 year period from any 3B ever (ideally their first 4.5 years obv), the defensive stats are indisputable. Check the stats or check the tape. Either/or.

Yea, we finally have a legit season/team here in Colorado and, yes, I am pretty excited about that. There's a real opportunity to finally end the club's disgraceful history of never winning the NL West. But, you can't argue facts. If ever the Rockies do anything great (whether as a team or individually) it's brushed off or unnoticed in the national narrative. But statistically, we all know Matt Holliday was robbed of MVP in 2007 (even after embarrassing Philly/Rollins in the playoffs) because the Rockies weren't/aren't on the national radar. It was already decided Rollins would be the NL MVP. Absurd.
It's good that your a home team fan who loves the local MLB team. To many fair weather fans out there that jump from team to team. Ex..all the Cubs fans that came out last year...but...it is an outrageous to say that a player who hasn't been in the league for 5 yrs is the Best Ever 3rd baseman...correct me if I am wrong @QLR1 and @Litos but I am lost for words. Stats don't make you the best ever..just ask Blake Bortles..his stats were great...in the 4th qtr..(garbage time)

It's good that your a home team fan who loves the local MLB team. To many fair weather fans out there that jump from team to team. Ex..all the Cubs fans that came out last year...but...it is an outrageous to say that a player who hasn't been in the league for 5 yrs is the Best Ever 3rd baseman...correct me if I am wrong @QLR1 and @Litos but I am lost for words. Stats don't make you the best ever..just ask Blake Bortles..his stats were great...in the 4th qtr..(garbage time)
No one should ever be throwing around "greatest anything ever", especially a player that has less than 2500 AB's.....

Back