• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Uh huh. Ok.

If Oakley gets this thing certified as a NIOSH N95 level PPE mask I’ll freaking eat my shorts after taking a hot steaming Chipotle dump in them. It’s a non-medical mask and it does not provide a proper face seal. End of story.

I’m a medical professional that deals with infection control and PPE selection on a daily basis. I know what I’m taking about.

Their filter media may provide a certain level of filtration however, as I said, proper fit and seal are essential and this mask is incapable of providing a seal that would enable proper testing of its filtration capabilities.

If you want it to replace a cloth mask or a surgical mask, that’s cool. If you want it because it looks awesome, that’s cool. That’s about it.
But... but ... but ... @The Lurker said you were wrong !!!!

Big mistake going with the ear loop straps. They should have gone behind the head.
I agree.

It’s the only way to fly, buddy.

3D15795E-132D-491B-AA85-B05D7712416C.jpeg

Ok, saw this and it seems to answer all the questions. It not medical grade and/or even PPE, it seems to be for athletic use (it says that in the Product Overview too). Don't know where everyone got that is was medical grade.
I haven’t heard the aluminum bar in the nose mentioned before, didn’t know that was a thing. People who still get fogging probably need to adjust this bar to their nose.

I haven’t heard the aluminum bar in the nose mentioned before, didn’t know that was a thing. People who still get fogging probably need to adjust this bar to their nose.

The aluminum bar is actually glued to the filter, not embedded in the silicone like I thought it would be. This is why there are still fogging issues. Yes, the filter may be tight on your nose, but you exhale through it and and it goes out and into the space between the filter and the mask itself. It has to go somewhere. Either out the front mesh, or up between the filter and the mask shell. There is nothing holding the two together except the Velcro on the sides. Or in the case of the disposable filters absolutely nothing holding them on at all.

Latest Posts

Back