• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Northwest Hydroprint Review And Pics!!!

wysatta1

Oakley Enthusiast
Texas
Recently i had sent my radars off to get hydroprinted. I decided on northwest hydroprint. Right away i had quick and friendly email response. So i pulled the trigger. For $47 and the cost of shipping to them i got a navy camo. 3 weeks past and they send an email to inform me that they were ready and they were shipping off. I open the box to fimd my radars in the o box and microfibre that i shipped them in but with no bubble wrap. Wasnt packaged well and the o box got all smushed. Its dead now lol...
Right away i start nitpicking as any good buyer should. I noticed on the earstems at the joint the paint is already chip/flaking. The lenses when taking them out have alot worse "rub marks" in the iridium from the thick paint. And i notice my nose rubber no longer wants to remain on the frame it keeps sliding off.
It wasnt all bad thing however. The quality of the graphic is superb. Hardly any distortion and color is spot on. It doesnt seem like the paint on any area that doesnt have rub points (such as earstem joint) wont have a problem with the flaking. The icons stick good (not perfect) in their place to the new paint.

Overall im going to rate this like ebay
Communication 5star
Shipping cost 5 star
Downtime 3.5 star ---im just impatient ;)---
Quality 4star

Sidenote i will do more business with them in the future. Hopefully this flaking issue around the earstem joint is just a one off thing.
Pics to follow
8446291094_8ee1de2131_h.jpg

8446291012_debe21aa1f_h.jpg

8446291166_bb2b03d212_h.jpg

Northwest Hydroprint does great work, we've done 2 group buys on the forum and about to do a 3rd.

Thats why i chose them. Remember i was gunna be in it but i got impatient. They are nice just could be a smidge better lol. Not exactly pro quality as much as really good homeade quality

It depends on the pattern as well. Personally I don't think thinner frames work well with the camo patterns.

All of their other patterns are much better and high quality.

Wow, they're dope! The Jade lens is a perfect fit.

Yeah, minor imperfections are always annoying...it's normal to want things to turn out perfect. But if you hadn't pointed it out the flaws, I don't think any of us would have noticed. From two feet away, they look great. It's funny how when you're the owner, the little flaws kind of bug you...because you know they're there. No one else will notice, though. Just have fun wearing 'em and showing 'em off.

Fingers crossed that the next frames you send off to them turn out perfect.

Yeah, minor imperfections are always annoying...it's normal to want things to turn out perfect. But if you hadn't pointed it out the flaws, I don't think any of us would have noticed. From two feet away, they look great. It's funny how when you're the owner, the little flaws kind of bug you...because you know they're there. No one else will notice, though. Just have fun wearing 'em and showing 'em off.

+1 :thumb:

Actually its g26 my favorite and go to lense. I have a pair of five squared in the process of waterprinting as we speak. I have g26 lenses getting cut for them too. Yeah im actually pretty impressed i was expecting the worst lol and maybe your right and im just being paranoid.

Northwest Hydroprint does great work, we've done 2 group buys on the forum and about to do a 3rd.

Umm not to sound impatient but umm are our frames enroute to Northwest? Sorry seeing this got me excited on how my frames will turn out, thanks again Batwolf for organizing this group buy :thumb:

Latest Posts

Back