• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

No Time To Die - End of an Era *Spoilers*

I just saw it last night and loved it. There were rumors going around that it was going to be “Woke” so I was a little worried. But those rumors were highly exaggerated and pretty much flat out wrong. I thought the writer did well and respected the character. It made sense that their wasn’t any womanizing in this one. He was in love with one woman and had reached a point where he was done and wanted to settle down with one woman. Even the new 007 (who probably won’t end up being the new 007 in future) gave him respect after she got to know him. Great action and a good story. A fitting end to the Craig Bond. 👍
It was as woke as they could make it

It was as woke as they could make it
I went in hoping for the best despite all the rumors because I wanted it to end well. I HATE the woke agenda of ruining everything 'white straight male', but I really didn't pick up on that with this film. The character retired and the world moved on. By the end of the film, he had everything back, but had to sacrifice it all after the bad guy took away his last chance of happiness.

I went in hoping for the best despite all the rumors because I wanted it to end well. I HATE the woke agenda of ruining everything 'white straight male', but I really didn't pick up on that with this film. The character retired and the world moved on. By the end of the film, he had everything back, but had to sacrifice it all after the bad guy took away his last chance of happiness.
If you watch you see the riding everything on passenger side and doing everything she said until the strong lesbian told him he could have 007 back

Compared to what Marvel is doing lately, the woke was very very subtle in this movie. We’ve see the strong woman thing for a long time, even before the woke agenda. As long as they don’t make her a man hater then strong female characters don’t bother me. I mean we all loved Princess Leia and Ripley from Alien. —And the thing with the back seat, she offered him a ride in one scene and was in the front seat in the glider in another, but they both admitted they weren’t sure how to fly it. The only other thing was hinting Q was gay. But that was also done very subtle and didn’t try and hit you over the head with it. I went in expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. At worst, this was PC from 5 years ago, not the new God awful new woke agenda propaganda.

Compared to what Marvel is doing lately, the woke was very very subtle in this movie. We’ve see the strong woman thing for a long time, even before the woke agenda. As long as they don’t make her a man hater then strong female characters don’t bother me. I mean we all loved Princess Leia and Ripley from Alien. —And the thing with the back seat, she offered him a ride in one scene and was in the front seat in the glider in another, but they both admitted they weren’t sure how to fly it. The only other thing was hinting Q was gay. But that was also done very subtle and didn’t try and hit you over the head with it. I went in expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. At worst, this was PC from 5 years ago, not the new God awful new woke agenda propaganda.
I'm glad you brought up Marvel, because if they try some alternative universe B.S. in the next films, I'm out.

I'm a huge Bond fan too and I agree. I think it was a great exit for Craig and No Time To Die was definitely a different take on Bond's career.

Brosnan was my favorite as well, and while likely not for some, Tomorrow Never Dies still sits at the top of my Bond film list. I was young when the movie came out but was immediately attracted to Brosnan's portrayal of Bond, all of the cool gadgets, and sweet cars tricked out by Q. On top of that, as a young kid, the Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough video games for PS1 were awesome and I played the heck out of them. I hear what you're saying about Connery, but for me, he's a close second, just because my grandfather was a big fan and loved to watch all of Connery's Bond flicks with me as a kid.

Excited to see what happens from here!

I'm a huge Bond fan too and I agree. I think it was a great exit for Craig and No Time To Die was definitely a different take on Bond's career.

Brosnan was my favorite as well, and while likely not for some, Tomorrow Never Dies still sits at the top of my Bond film list. I was young when the movie came out but was immediately attracted to Brosnan's portrayal of Bond, all of the cool gadgets, and sweet cars tricked out by Q. On top of that, as a young kid, the Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough video games for PS1 were awesome and I played the heck out of them. I hear what you're saying about Connery, but for me, he's a close second, just because my grandfather was a big fan and loved to watch all of Connery's Bond flicks with me as a kid.

Excited to see what happens from here!
I was thinking about TND this morning, and that one has aged extremely well considering the current times and manipulation of the MSM.

Back