• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Singlewide "Stretch Line Eyewear Display" / "Stretchline" / O.G. Cab

Congrats on the coolest case they made.

Thank You - sometimes its good to be lucky, sometimes its good to be patient. This time both paid off in an unexpected way. Telling the story is not just sharing for me, but showing my appreciation, my gratitude, for landing this display.

i think the case came out in 2002 or 2003. it was tied to the original release of the Stretchline series which had the warden and fatcat.

I have to be honest, its nice to see someone so excited over a display case. Its refreshing to see that passion!

i think the case came out in 2002 or 2003. it was tied to the original release of the Stretchline series which had the warden and fatcat.

That makes sense with the logo but I was thinking they were quite a bit older than that.

Now you're next mission is to find the matching cube. I have mine that was repatriated thanks to Spenc and I saw one at RED. Sorry I forgot who had it, it was on the left side of the horseshoe towards the front. Maybe OakleyBoss84.
For as rare as the towers are, the cubes are crazy rare.
Actually that's a great grail for you to rundown next!

i think the case came out in 2002 or 2003.

Multiple Oakley employees (who have been with the company 'that long') say they are much older than that. From what I have been told by that time they were all aluminum and/or newer designs.

Last edited:
Thanks - just what I needed - another unicorn to chase!!! :lolsign:

That is an awesome case and great condition. I had a chance to pick up one of those off of craigslist, but it was pretty rusted through way past restoration, they left it outside and still were asking way too much for it. Nice pick up.

Multiple Oakley employees (who have been with the company 'that long') say they are much older than that. From what I have been told by that time they were all aluminum and/or newer designs.

it is quite possible but a lot of employees have been wrong a lot of times with their information and stories, even with long term employees. not saying they are necessarily wrong in this case, as my experience is from an authorized dealer point of view rather than an employees pov. afaik and from what was orderable the case was manufactured in the early 2000s and was on the display order form at that point, along with the stretch counter top. I have never heard from anyone that this was oakleys first case. in fact Oakleys first case is likely one of those acrylic table top displays for the eyeshade.

also you are right there is another version. it has the square o logo on top of it. the reason for that is the transition between what was originally known as the stretchline dealers to the blocline dealers and the blocline branding which had the square logo. the square logo of course eventually became the square o branding.

Last edited:
If they came out after the single and double wide towers they should have ID stickers on them somewhere to ID them that would also have a date. I cant get to mine as it is packed away and I honestly dont think I even looked on the bottom. I was the one that said this was the first display, so perhaps I was talking out my butt, which does happen, but referencing info I have heard from other including reps. While the goggle countertop was most likely the first display I was referring to towers, which I did not clarify.

The logos used does bring up a point in dating it I didnt think about before. Now you have me wondering.