• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Made my choice of sunglasses - Thank you!

robertwills

Oakley Beginner
Ok you Oakley aficionados. I made my decision after careful consideration - The M2 Frame with Prizm Road lenses! Would you like to know why?

The M Frame is a tried and true geometry. It's great for sport and even casual use. The fit is like magic. The frame light weight. Coverage is full and my eyes feel protected. The look says "professional".

The Prizm Road, while lets in too much light in very bright sun for me, is simply a lense that I look forward to wearing. Standard grey, which I was my first choice, is really nice but boring in comparison. Plus the lense has all the other high quality Oakley aspects such as HDO, strength, etc..

I can't go wrong with this combination on the road.

Thank you all so much for putting up with all my threads. I did not mean any disrespect - I just wanted new, quality sunglasses!

Now hang on a minute.....M2 frame is not lightweight. Without putting them on scale, i would say Radar is lighter.
What do you say RC?
First about the glasses......secondly about me prolonging this thing :biggrin:

Congrats for getting off the fence already!!!! Lol. Just kidding bro, enjoy the new shades and buy multiple lenses for those M frames. That's what they are designed for!!!!

I concur.
The M series is the default choice for affordable, practical, bomb-proof road riding shades.
Well researched!
Uhh, M2 are a bit front heavy i think and not very tight gripping.
I would think they would fall of the head a lot easier than Radar and Radar EV

Uhh, M2 are a bit front heavy i think and not very tight gripping.
I would think they would fall of the head a lot easier than Radar and Radar EV

The M2 are 27 grams, according to what I found. I agree this may not be accurate. The Zero's, are like 21 grams. That is a noticeable difference but 27 grams is well above the standard of "light". As far as gripping it should be better than my old Hybrid.

Can we get an update when you get them with an official unboxing as well as a first impressions thread??

And M Frame > M2 by a mile but I hope you don't start to reconsider your decision at this point.

The M2 are 27 grams, according to what I found. I agree this may not be accurate. The Zero's, are like 21 grams. That is a noticeable difference but 27 grams is well above the standard of "light". As far as gripping it should be better than my old Hybrid.
You are absolutely right, i just put them on my scale, both M2 and Radar are 27 grams.

Last edited:
Back