• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for Flak Jacket 1.0 Icons

KYButtercup

Oakley Beginner
Hello. I joined this forum hoping anyone can help me with ideas on where to buy Flak 1.0 icons. I am looking for the traditional gunmetal/black and the only pair I have been able to locate is $50, which I am not willing or able to pay that much. EBay has some cheaper ones in different colors, has anyone ever tried painting the icons? Is so, would you mind sharing the best method to do so? I've also seen mention, but no specific details, on buying the radar/Flak 2.0 icons and filing them down. Thoughts on this are welcomed as well, since I can't really visualize that going too well.

I collect Flaks and have some. I'll just mail them (if you live in the US) to you free of charge, only because I have so many of them 😂. Painting them can be done but is difficult to make them look good cause masking the center is a PITA. Those icons are metal pressed onto clear plastic

I collect Flaks and have some. I'll just mail them (if you live in the US) to you free of charge, only because I have so many of them 😂. Painting them can be done but is difficult to make them look good cause masking the center is a PITA. Those icons are metal pressed onto clear plastic
That would be amazing! I’ll pay you for some if you’re willing to part with a couple extras so I can have a spare set.

I have one set that's new on clear plastic, all the other ones I've pulled off other frames. The adhesive is difficult to keep sticky and may need to be glued. I recommend using Hob-e-tac by Woodland Scenics.

I have one set that's new on clear plastic, all the other ones I've pulled off other frames. The adhesive is difficult to keep sticky and may need to be glued. I recommend using Hob-e-tac by Woodland Scenics.

1000010035.jpg

Gunmetal/Black? PM me your address and I'll drop them in the mail

Back