• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Identifiable selling platform

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
Aloha Oakley Forum. Was thinking about my account being hacked and what would prevent a scammer from pretending to be me. And I thought about the background that I use. Here's an Idea and I wanted to ask people what they thought of this. I'm thinking of creating a background for whatever I'm selling that will be unique to me. I have glasses and other knick-knacks that are one-of-a-kind or custom made. And if some of these were seen in the background, you'll know that it's me. Perhaps even a way of showing time and/or day in the background as well. I'm willing to do things like this so people will know that I ain't out to scam anyone. And trying to think of a way to make this place hard for scammers. So what do you think? :cool:🤙

The problem isn’t the scenery can they can just steal your photos to use, my suggestion would be like give seen on some sites is a name/ date on paper next to what your selling
How come no one here does that? Put their name and date out there on their sales posts. That might eliminate a lot of problems.

Personally, I think ALL members interested in SELLING (maybe even BUYING) should be required to use the actual website with the 2-Step verification process (where a code is sent to the member's cell phone or email). It works great for me, and I think it would eliminate a lot of the issues with stolen or hijacked accounts.

Personally, I think ALL members interested in SELLING (maybe even BUYING) should be required to use the actual website with the 2-Step verification process (where a code is sent to the member's cell phone or email). It works great for me, and I think it would eliminate a lot of the issues with stolen or hijacked accounts.
Well what can we do to get this going? Is that something we have to do as individuals? What do you think @OakleyBoss?

Well what can we do to get this going? Is that something we have to do as individuals? What do you think @OakleyBoss?
Yes, we would need @OakleyBoss to make such a change. BUT, don't be too excited, as people can still mess this up. Even with the added security measure, we can't assume everything is safe and nothing can go wrong. The 2-step verification is great, but new members only need 15 posts before they can sell, so they are relatively unknown. Also, there might be some sneaky hacker tricks I'm unaware of... like hijacking an account that doesn't have the 2-step verification, then ADDING it!

Yes, we would need @OakleyBoss to make such a change. BUT, don't be too excited, as people can still mess this up. Even with the added security measure, we can't assume everything is safe and nothing can go wrong. The 2-step verification is great, but new members only need 15 posts before they can sell, so they are relatively unknown. Also, there might be some sneaky hacker tricks I'm unaware of... like hijacking an account that doesn't have the 2-step verification, then ADDING it!
The photos you use should be step 3. Adding things in the background like name and date. I was going to try to use things in my future sales posts that are a little more personal to me. Something unique to me. Like my Valve pairs on the side.

Last edited:
The photos you use should be step 3. Adding things in the background like name and date. I was going to try my future sales posts a little more personal. Something unique to me. Like my Valve pairs on the side.
I have asked buyers what photo they want. that way it's random. If they don't ask for anything I would include our conversation in the background of the item with the time/names etc clearly legible.

Latest Posts

Back