• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

So far @Joseph Russo says:
Splinter - I believe the Half X's use a much bigger hinge. Let me poke around to see if I can get them and I will revert back. If I can, I can def get them fixed for you. Will get back.
@Swirjo seems to agree
The hinges on half x is bigger and stronger there is someone selling on eBay for replacing the half x hinge
I do not know the source of either one's information and I only have a Half X frame and hours of internet searches seeming to indicate the Badman and Half X share a spring hinge. I have not yet heard from @Joseph Russo but then @TheStig who also is confirmed to have a Half X frame or two weighs in with:
I am interested in Half-X spring hinges.
As far as I know they are identical.
Can someone with both the Badman and Half X models in hand weigh in on this? Hopefully with pictures. I know @TheStig and I are not the only one with broken Half X hinges and if the hinges can be ordered, that would be very useful to many here.

Sure - I am in TX. I am also on ebay and her is the link if you guys want to do it through there so there is some purchase protections. I will lower the price to $95 for the service. I have performed alot of these for friends and just sent one to Oklahoma that was just repaired (both hinges). I have an order of hinges coming in mid to end of August so some will be delayed until then but if the order is placed, I can get them tee'd up. Let me know if you guys have any issues or questions. My cell is 917-613-2647 - thanks. Oakley Badman Madman X Metal X-Metal 2 Double Hinge Repair Service Replace Both | eBay
New link Oakley Badman Madman X Metal X-Metal 2 Double Hinge Hinges ONLY | eBay

Does anyone on the forum repair them if I already have the pieces?

Ferr What is it that you need to repair?​

Below is the link for Half X hinge replacement, also the seller repair other hinges that is damage due to rust or etc.
I have a pair of badman that need to be fixed. I have the spring hinge part but scared to try it myself and screw it up more. I tried once but couldn’t get it to fit right so I gave up before I broke them🤷🏼‍♂️

@Ferr Do you have a picture I can see maybe I can tell by looking at it.​

Here’s a couple pics. Think I lost the little screw in the arm part

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

Back