• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello From KY

Usually I am not and enjoy putting my old bones to rest by 10pm but I had major hip surgery this week that did not go perfectly and am recovering so my schedule is all jacked up plus the drugs.... I am kinda a mess so yea I've been night owling 🤪
I feel for you. I've done 4 knee and 2 ankle surgeries. Most all routines go right out the window with big stuff like that. I hope you recover well and quickly.

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am in South Central KY. I love my Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ 1.0. I have 3 pair in rotation depending on which lenses I feel like wearing. I have had multiple eye surgeries and have severe migraines, my Black or Ice Iridium Polarized lenses are always with me and there's a spare pair in my car.
Welcome

Though the Flak has pretty decent coverage you may want to look at some even larger lens frames. Radarlock and Radarlock ev are the options today for that model that will block out all light. I use that model often to go fishing on the creek or activities where I want to have no interference from the frame and full coverage. I know there is a snow sapphire in radarlock... A quick search turns these up for a pretty great price...
Radar EV Snow Prizm Black

Here is a forum article on the subject that came out about the time they hit the scene a few years ago
That 5.5% blows my mind! I have black and ice polarized iridium lenses in mine now with 9%, which is the best I'd ever heard of before you showed me these. My Flak's are going to last me a long time and I have a very limited budget, but hopefully, they will offer these lenses in my model someday. If not, they will definitely be my next purchase.

That 5.5% blows my mind! I have black and ice polarized iridium lenses in mine now with 9%, which is the best I'd ever heard of before you showed me these. My Flak's are going to last me a long time and I have a very limited budget, but hopefully, they will offer these lenses in my model someday. If not, they will definitely be my next purchase.
I am almost positive but not 100% sure the black lenses exist in the Flak model... Post up a buying thread in I think 15 days of membership is what is required to be able to. You have the 15 meaningful post already I think. Noone is quite sure what meaningful is LOL! Keep an eye on eBay as well and other sites because I hate to say it but you can find more for cheaper than the Oakley site there. I think I saw replacement lenses on the Oakley site for $140 for Split shots and then not long after I see split shots in the Sale section for $120 🙄. Unfortunately, Oakley as a company today is not the Oakley we all adored growing up.

The only way I can think to describe the snow black is like you are wearing dark lenses on a sunny day and a big cloud blocks out the sun for awhile and light conditions change. Like a shadow all around you. At first it shocked me when I put them on but they are actually very relaxing and give great clarity on a sunny day. For myself I would not wear them on less bright days at least not while driving.

After a look around it appears the Flak jacket is NOT a model they have done the prizm snow lenses in. I am kinda surprised cause I swear we had a pair in my store that were sapphire. So yea you're gonna have to probably adopt a new frame. The only other option would be if there is a donor lens that can be cut to fit and I have no idea but @Chris A Hardaway is a legend here when it comes to lenses so he would know.

For RJ.... We are talking about prizm snow black to prevent headaches and light sensitivity our newest member has issues with and she has the flak jacket xlj but a limited budget... any help would be awesome my friend!

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :cool:🤙

20220927_212955_HowzitBrah.jpg

Back