• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First X-Metal - XX

ice_man

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hello OF, pretty new in the forum but a longtime Oakley user. Mainly Prescription glasses (over 2 decades).

Have gone through a lot of RX Oakley frames over the years, but never had an RX Oakley sunglasses as I had no access to those at the time.

Recently undergone Lasik procedure and I am now RX free. I searched around for Oakley sunglasses immediately as I was now free to get whatever design I wanted. Got a few over the weeks and remembered a week back or so about the X-Metals. Then I stumbled upon this forum based on a guy in FB who reached out (@SEAN WAYNE).

The rest is history. Scored my first ever X-Metal from an absolute gentleman from here (@Ti man). He was very patient with my noob questions regarding the X-Metals. Long story short, he sold me an XX in an immaculate condition. Thanks again brother!

Immediately contacted @Chris A Hardaway for OEM custom cut lenses. Heard and read nothing but good things about him. Today, I received the lenses and Prizm Sapphire Polarized is the first one I installed. Absolute beautiful lens and tint.

Thanks to the guys that made this happen.

Now the 2nd X-Metal will soon be on the way. This is gonna be another deep rabbit hole.

D9BD5401-6BEA-4B0A-83C7-CB7E04168235.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello OF, pretty new in the forum but a longtime Oakley user. Mainly Prescription glasses (over 2 decades).

Have gone through a lot of RX Oakley frames over the years, but never had an RX Oakley sunglasses as I had no access to those at the time.

Recently undergone Lasik procedure and I am now RX free. I searched around for Oakley sunglasses immediately as I was now free to get whatever design I wanted. Got a few over the weeks and remembered a week back or so about the X-Metals. Then I stumbled upon this forum based on a guy in FB who reached out (@SEAN WAYNE).

The rest is history. Scored my first ever X-Metal from an absolute gentleman from here (@Ti man). He was very patient with my noob questions regarding the X-Metals. Long story short, he sold me an XX in an immaculate condition. Thanks again brother!

Immediately contacted @Chris A Hardaway for OEM custom cut lenses. Heard and read nothing but good things about him. Today, I received the lenses and Prizm Sapphire Polarized is the first one I installed. Absolute beautiful lens and tint.

Thanks to the guys that made this happen.

Now the 2nd X-Metal will soon be on the way. This is gonna be another deep rabbit hole.

View attachment 1133565
Looks great, congrats!

Excuse my ignorance but what’s this above the glasses?

Looks great, congrats!

Excuse my ignorance but what’s this above the glasses?
Thanks! It’s a custom knife. Collecting high end custom knives was my hobby for years.

Looks like it’s gonna be replaced soon after getting my 1st X-Metal. Lol.

Ha! I see it now, I thought it was some custom lens case or something!

Careful, you may end up selling everything! At least you will have some nice glasses…

Back