• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

I find this a very interesting question.

I am 64. Probably wore Ray-Ban Aviators since birth as my Father was an Army Attack Helo pilot and he wore em. Ray-Ban Aviators were all but Army issue when I enlisted in 1985. I started wearing Oakleys in my 30s as I am a Sci-Fi and Fantasy fan and thought they were cool…while off duty and not in uniform.

Oakleys aside I bought and buy sunglasses associated with movies I like…TERMINATOR = Gargoyles. TOP GUN = Already had the Ray Bans. Mission Impossible 2? Bonus! My first X-Metals. Daredevil = Ray Bans with red lenses. Etc., etc., etc.

My Son is in his 40s. I tried to give him a pair of my Oakley SI M-Frame 3.0s…an array set (he likes his range time). He said they were too tight…I got em back. He does wear sunglasses driving…don’t recall the brand but will now find out from pure curiosity.

I just asked my Granddaughter via text (she is 14). Never seen her wear sunglasses. My Wife thinks it’s partially that she does not drive.

Either way. Good and interesting question…🪖👍

I’m 27 and been wearing Oakleys for over 7 years. They’re simply the best if you’re looking for practicality. And when that is your priority, you don’t care about looking out of fashion, specially if you’re into the styling that we all are big fans of. X-Metals were the peak of technology and style, shame oakley has been completely out of touch for over a decade..

I think the problem is mostly that recent models are for sport and way less great than 90s-00s models that now costs way to much for us young people. I’m 22 and dreaming of some models that costs more than 400€ nowadays. At my age you don’t have enough money to spend that much in some 20-30 year old sunglasses sadly :(

and yeah someone said young people don’t go anymore on forum and that’s right, I searched for a Oakley discord before joining here !

It’s seems like since they relaunched factory team a lot of younger people got interested due to the particular retro style of these collections tho

Here's one of my younger apprentices. 20 something. Other guys said they 'forgot' their glasses. :cool:🤙

IMG_7031.JPG

Back