• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

DIY Custom/MPH Flak Jacket.

Last night there was a "Hijinx?" on eBay, listed just like that ? and all. Turned out when I ran the sku (oo9231-02) it was a Straightlink, Matte Black with Gray. It was going for a $45 opening bid. It didn't sell, most people probably wrote it off as fake because the seller didn't know what it was, and they didn't bother checking.

I hadn't thought about doing anything to a Flak Jacket until now. I picked this up last week and it was as rough as it was cheap. So I really had nothing to lose. The gray lenses came out of a BNIB MPH Crystal Black pair that I put Prizm lenses in, BNIB Root Beer rubber I bought and never used and just enough paint leftover from other projects. That's what makes it Custom/MPH.
Before:View attachment 366840
After:
View attachment 366830 View attachment 366831 View attachment 366833 View attachment 366834 View attachment 366835 View attachment 366836 View attachment 366837 View attachment 366838 View attachment 366839
Nice job Rick!!:drinks: