• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between Gascan and Fuel Cell

treeoakley

Oakley Beginner
Ohio
I'm looking here Oakley Gascan: Sunglasses | eBay and the Gascan and Fuel Cell look awfully similar.

Can someone explain the difference between these two sunglasses? I'm looking for prescription lenses if that matters.

Gascan:

gascan.jpg

Fuel Cell:

fuel-cell.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks!
The fuel cell is a good 30% more expensive.
I'm tempted to just stick to the gascan but I don't want to regret it if there's something really better about the fuel cell

Look through the database, there are many cool designs for both, Gascans have a lot of designs to choose from, plus you can always swap lenses if you find something you really like. Downfall is most of the good ones aren’t made any more so you would have to source it, but still a lot of options

Fuel Cell's are one of the few frames i have tried that i don't really like the fit of. they rest on my cheeks instead of my nose for the most part. i have 2 pairs that i hardly wear because of that. Gascan's on the other hand were my go to frame like 10 years ago, and i still wear them sometimes. they fit very well. not saying which would fit you better, it could be the opposite for you. just saying there is a massive difference in fit for 2 frames that look kinda similar.

Last edited:
Look through O-review database, there are many cool designs for both, Gascans have a lot of designs to choose from, plus you can always swap lenses if you find something you really like. Downfall is most of the good ones aren’t made any more so you would have to source it, but still a lot of options
I'm looking to buy prescription lenses, so I won't be doing a lot of swapping

Fuel Cell arms wrap nicely, but like Jontoad mentioned, the bridge seems a tad wider and the nose section is much smaller compared to the Gascan, which fits me like a glove. I do like the way the arms fit on the Fuel Cell vs. the Gascan. Are you able to go and physically try these on?

Latest Posts

Back