• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Free Cmac Romeo 1

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
It seems this crap is becoming a regular occurrence

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
It seems this crap is becoming a regular occurrence
Goods and services only should be the only option, till these scum pieces of trash are removed

Username Hidden said:
Goods and services only should be the only option, till these scum pieces of trash are removed

I’m more talking about the hacking of accounts. If that didn’t happen, the “sales” couldn’t either.

And I totally agree. G&S is the way to go

Username Hidden said:
I’m more talking about the hacking of accounts. If that didn’t happen, the “sales” couldn’t either.

And I totally agree. G&S is the way to go
Im not sure how they would prevent that, unless they do a security measure after 3 months of inactivity user would need an authentication process to log back in

I hate that this is happening since theres very few sites that promote healthy buying and selling

I suggest F&F

Username Hidden said:
Im not sure how they would prevent that, unless they do a security measure after 3 months of inactivity user would need an authentication process to log back in

I hate that this is happening since theres very few sites that promote healthy buying and selling
This would at least turn the endless fields of hackable accounts into one bush...

Copy and Pasted from Oakmiester thread from this morning...
@OakleyBoss

Think it’s time to purge all inactive accounts that have had 0 activity for more than a year??? I know that means to let go of allot of sentiment of members old but letting them stay is just leaving 1000s of empty hackable accounts ready to use to scam us with.

If they want to return they can recreate their accounts. This is not uncommon at all amongst forums for just these reasons

One forum I was a member of had a wall of fame where the names were memorialized that way the memories could stay but the accounts went to prevent hacks and scams

maybe we should have an authentication process that can screen sales posts 'before' they are posted for everyone. Like one where only mods can look at it first. Or a set group of screeners. Because not everyone is up at the same time.

Username Hidden said:
Ohh boy...It shows sold so who here just got scammed... @Tomcat14
Both cmac and mfarmer06 are now banned permanently.

There is a simple solution that has been in place for 10+ years in the digital community it’s….its called 2 Factor Authentication.

If this sites makes it mandatory for all sign in’s - then the now too frequent occurrences of “Account Take Over’s” (one of the worst breaches of a web site possible) would substantially be reduced.

Until then, the best that can happen is relying upon proactive members of the community to protect itself.

Reminds me of a saying in tech: Your business shouldn’t reply upon the heroic actions of its members to be secure…it should secure itself.

Username Hidden said:
There is a simple solution that has been in place for 10+ years in the digital community it’s….its called 2 Factor Authentication.

If this sites makes it mandatory for all sign in’s - then the now too frequent occurrences of “Account Take Over’s” (one of the worst breaches of a web site possible) would substantially be reduced.

Until then, the best that can happen is relying upon proactive members of the community to protect itself.

Reminds me of a saying in tech: Your business shouldn’t reply upon the heroic actions of its members to be secure…it should secure itself.
I thought it was mandatory?