• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bored Prototype Tech at work

M2 xl could pull off a gen 2 hybrid have to see if I can make it fit a pro frame. If I had a 67 lens I’m sure that would work as well. Food for thought

Last edited:
Very cool man!

I tried my hand at cutting heaters a while back and found the mount points and nose piece lugs were a real pain.

What did you use to do the finer details like the lugs and mount ends?

Last edited:
Mounting lugs I used a flat file the nose piece area I’m still fine tuning it’s not 100% to my liking. I feel like I need to almost cut past the trim lines to make the nose piece fit properly

Last edited:
Mounting lugs I used a flat file the nose piece area I’m still fine tuning it’s not 100% to my liking. I feel like I need to almost cut past the trim lines to make the nose piece fit properly
Cool, I think I'm going to try fine tune with a flat file.

I also found that you need to go past the trim line, but it's a dangerous game. It's SO easy to take it too far and then you're a big ol' donor down.

I bought a few beater donors for cheap off ebay and FB which I plan to experiment more on this summer. I'll make a point to take note of my process and report back if I find something that decreases the margin for error

I plant to do a couple trims this week and plot the noise piece area out further. I’ll probably run it .125 past the trim line. Like 1/8th I’ll post a few pictures of the mark out and after cut

Did some measuring today. The m slash lens needs a bigger donor lens then an a frame 2.0 however a “ baby “ slash lens is possible. What’s your guys thoughts ? Too much ?

IMG_2958.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

Back