• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

Got mine from world of optics 2 weeks ago , they have some new ones up for 150 but it's a pretty good deal. Checked with Oakley customer service before ordering to make sure the warranty was valid through the seller.

The computer screen darkening is just the result of polarized lenses. they all vary in application of polarization, so some have that effect worse than others. My Ruby Prizm Polar lenses do that the least of any polarized lenses i have owned. pricy, but well worth the money.

i bought my Ferrari Badman from World of Optics. Technically, if its a purchase on ebay, Oakley does not honor warranty. However, i had no problem registering with my invoice from them. They are currently on the bottom of Lake Lanier at my in-laws dock.

As far as warranty goes, though, Oakley sucks. My Badman Carbon/Ruby orbital broke from merely applying a bit (seriously not a lot) of pressure. I had to take pictures from the 6 angles and was told it was not considered a defect. They would have been happy to replace them for $200+ they said. Ironic thing is the other side broke the next time i picked them up. So I seriously question how much good warranty *actually* does. As a point of reference, i picked that pair up from the Oakley Vault store in Dawsonville, GA. still got screwed when things went bad.

As far as aftermarket lenses go,, Linegear makes amazing lenses. Ikon are great for the price. Revant are not bad at all either. All of those are polycarbonate. I had a pair of triacetate Whateva (walleva) lenses that came with my flak xlj. they were garbage. the finish rubbed off with no chemicals involved.

Considering how great the newest iteration of Midnight Sun is, they are my inexpensive go to *for the money* they are still a bit too thin to not rattle in my X metal XX. But the last set i owned (flak xlj circa 2013 or so) was super yellow/orange/hot pink). The current generation is great, although it could be improved a bit. Ikon Red Mirror are also great *for the money*. Optical quality needs to be assessed on all of the above to say for sure what is good/better/best truly. (Seek too, bc im curious, lol) but i think Linegear is pretty close to Oakley. Ikon and Revant tie in my opinion immediately behind Linegear. Then again, i dont have perfect vision and i dread doctors and appointments, and making them, so i may not be the best source of info. When and if im ever in SoCal, i plan to make an appointment with @Chris A Hardaway

Last edited:
Back