• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Starting a banned eBay buyer list?

GRFMotorsports

is an Oakley whore
Premium Member
Nixa, Mo
I have been thinking about this for a while and recently it has popped in my head again. As most of you know that sell on eBay there is a blocked bidder list you can use to block certain accounts from purchasing from you. First, Mods would this be allowed here if it had an accompanying reason attached and 2 would anyone find it useful? Had a rash of issues with buyers lately.

I have been thinking about this for a while and recently it has popped in my head again. As most of you know that sell on eBay there is a blocked bidder list you can use to block certain accounts from purchasing from you. First, Mods would this be allowed here if it had an accompanying reason attached and 2 would anyone find it useful? Had a rash of issues with buyers lately.
I think that's a 'sound idea', unless breaking any rules.

I moved the thread to a section where people interested in this topic might find it easier.

I understand what you're talking about, as I've been selling on eBay since the Y2K scare... a quarter century... sheesh!

Anyway, my thought is this forum exchange is much different than eBay in that the sellers incur zero fees, my point being that features may not be as sophisticated as eBay, but cost a whole lot less.

Also, the blocked buyer list on eBay is to prevent buyers from making purchases, whom the seller wishes not to deal with. On eBay, bids and actual purchases could happen automatically, but that can't happen on this exchange. If you don't want to sell to someone on this forum, simply don't sell to them. You could even Ignore them, if you don't want to see them or their content.

Another feature on this forum that I think is underused is Feedback. I always try to leave meaningful feedback regardless of whether I'm the seller or buyer. I wish more members would do the same.

What is your proposal for a Blocked List? A thread? What about Blocked Sellers too?

Anytime I have an unreasonable issue with a buyer on eBay I put them on my blocked list. It could be anything from someone who submitted an offer I accepted and then never paid and disappeared to someone who tried to claim something that isnt true. Feedback manipulation, misuse of returns or just deceptive in another way. I was not thinking of a list for people here as like you said, that is what feedback is for.

Okay I think I understand you don't want a list/thread... so what do you want? If you have a bad experience with a buyer in the exchange, you know not to sell to them again. It's not like they could place a bid or hit a "Buy it Now" option on this site; they have to contact you and work it out. That's when you say "not interested."

My intention of the list was to share information with other eBay sellers to keep known bad apples from causing others problems. There is no feedback on eBay buyers that is helpful.

IE so and so is a seller on eBay and has issues with a buyer. If I know about it, I can decide if I want to block that buyer from buying anything from me in the future to avoid problems.

You're free to start a thread... I don't know what section it should be in... maybe in this "Other" section?? I can't guarantee posts or the whole thread won't be deleted... it depends on what direction it takes, and if mods or @OakleyBoss foresee problems or unintended consequences from the contents of the posts.

Back