• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between backpacks?

I have all 3 and the Big Kitchen Sink

The bathroom sink has the best back pad of the three you mention but the least amount of storage

Though I like its total material best

What is your use case for the bag going to be?

For example is it IT work or just general travel and day to day use?

I work in IT, the kitchen sink, Icon 2.0, and Big Kitchen are my primary 3 rotation

Because of the need for multiple laptops, iPad etc and a spare clothing set when I travel for more than a week at a time

If you are traveling lighter the bathroom sink is quite sufficient

Icon and Kitchen sink just give you better access to the laptop and for larger laptops

After that it’s how you prefer to access the items like your headphones , valuables etc

#1 is the Kitchen Sink imo of the 3
- laptop compartment side zipper access
- Has the shoe separated bottom loading zipper compartment and the hard cases where your pens etc go
Hardened pen storage

#2 is the Icon , similar storage space but not as user friendly for a quick in and out
More about style than substance imo
Though it does have the side zipper access, which is good with those three clips to undo

#3 Bathroom sink
No side zipper
No bottom loading compartment
No hardened storage in the front pocket

Has the best zipper color accents with the red pulls contrast for example

Happy to make a video showing you the differences if you would like. Take about an hour

Fellow collectors helping others spend their money ;)

I ended up getting the Bathroom Sink and the Icon. They were 40% off and the Kitchen Sink was not...

I'm not 100% sure of my use case. I got kind of a cheapie laptop backpack recently and it's a little small at 19L for day-to-day. the Bathroom Sink isn't much bigger but I'm hoping it's laid out a little better.

They arrive tomorrow, so I guess I'll see pretty soon :)

Latest Posts

Back