• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are these the same lenses or am I going mad ?

Tommo1642

Oakley Beginner
Hi Tommo here. I’m new to the Forum but having read many reviews here I know your the guys to come to for expert opinions.
Being ex- British Military took a liking to the Standard Issue Maritime Straightlink and love them. I wanted the same with the five squared version. And purchased them from the same trusted dealer here in Europe. Arrived in the correct packaging with maritime prizm sticker on the lens. However the lenses on the new five’s look more like Jade to me with blues and purples in the corners. Could this just be down to the different sizes in the two lenses?? Or have I in fact been stitched up ?? IMG_8124.jpegIMG_8123.jpegIMG_8122.jpeg

Is the base lens the same? Do they look the same when you look through them? Keep in mind there are variations in iridium coatings and it is not uncommon for them to look different one pair to another. Also if the base curve of the lens is different it may give it a different appearance on the outside.

Is the base lens the same? Do they look the same when you look through them? Keep in mind there are variations in iridium coatings and it is not uncommon for them to look different one pair to another. Also if the base curve of the lens is different it may give it a different appearance on the outside.
Thanks for this. Aye they do have a slightly different view when wearing them. I would say the Straightlink had a lighter more rose tinted view.

According to what I see online the Maritime has a rose base and jade has a grey base lens. You should be able to spot the different from the backside of the lens if they are different.

According to what I see online the Maritime has a rose base and jade has a grey base lens. You should be able to spot the different from the backside of the lens if they are different.
and, they work for different applications.

Aye that’s what I’m getting. The fives defo have a grey tinge compared to the more rose tinge of the straightlinks.

Thanks for that Slojack. I don’t suppose anyone knows how I can get hold of some proper maritime lenses for my fives. Bearing in mind I’m based in Britain ?

Back