• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weight of the X-metals

here's the last of the less well known x-metal: Why 3 custom in plasma/blue 2 tone + ice irid

DSC_5643.jpg

I found it - luckily I correctly remembered that it was posted by @discostu or I could have been searching forever, but filtering by his username let me find it on the first try...

There is discussion and speculation on this subject through the entire thread, but this post on page 3 is where he posted some results, with pics...

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/polished-juliet-variations.35589/page-3#post-406520
Thanks for finding this! I have a non serialed pair I'll have to weigh. It feels lighter than my serialed pairs. Again, could just be me.
I did check both of my polished pairs and they were the same as the others, but they don't have serials.

I am not surprised the weights from the food scale was a little different than the more accurate "Colorado type" scale ;). I need better equipment and more first gen X-metals!

Back