• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping Insurance

salj838

Oakley Expert
Dubai, UAE
I got a not so pleasant buying experience with a OF member here based in EU. I paid $400 for a LNIB penny; the lenses was rated as 9/10 lenses have some signs of wear but nothing serious when it arrived both lenses have deep scratches in line with vision when worn and need to replace in order to use.

My other issue is that seller stated that the sunnies are for $350 and $50 for shipping then also further advised that part of the $50 shipping will be for the $30 insurance. 12 days after when i got the shipment, the postage label says 12 euros and did not show it was declared as insured postage.

So I messaged the seller to refund me for the misdeclared condition of the lens and the missing shipping insurance.

Seller reassured me he insured it, i know for a fact that postage insurance is paid separately and would have a receipt from postal office hence i requested.

Now this is where it gets weird, seller refunded me for the lens lens discrepancy but missed my initial request for the proof of insurance. So I reiterated.

Seller on couple of times advised he is busy and will send when he gets back to work so i waited. I know everyone incl. myself has their own day jobs but this request was since 8th January which is almost a month now and till date not seller cannot provide the proof of insurance.

I don't want to assume yet but my gutfeel says it does not really exist cos if it does it would have stated the insured value on the package i have received and also it would be easy for the seller to send a scanned copy of it quickly.

My question here is, am i wrong in asking for the insurance receipt amounting to $30 that i actually paid for? The seller find it offensive to even ask for it but i think otherwise, in my view i have paid for insurance hence i have the right to see if its really paid for and if not i would want to be refunded.

Sorry for the lengthy message but want to know members' view here because the seller is not responding to me anymore.

Thanks

Nope they should have included insurance. They skimped and that's not right

Oh finally! The seller immediately managed to look for the receipt in 7 hours after this post! He did not lie on the insurance but it surely suck dealing with this seller. You have to post something here to get his attention. Totally uncool.

image.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back