• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

People Are Strange

So much I could cover...I agree with most of what has been said above...and I personally have my own reasons for watching items, some of which are similar to those above some which are not (such as I shop and watch items I JUST bought for a month or two or longer to get a sense for market price and to see if I got a good deal or paid a little more than I should have). I will say this, bidding...specifically people that place an early bid and make the high bid high begets others to bid because they want to see where the high bid is. I personally never bid until the last minute on an auction unless I want to kill a buy it now option (rare)...what the hell is the point? Unless you're not going to watch the auction as it closes, just wait till the end and bid then.

<applies gel to defibrillator paddles - charging - CLEAR! - Thread revived!>

People continue to be strange on Ebay to a baffling degree.

Occasionally I do random Oakley Sunglasses searches on Ebay (hey, don't we all?) and recently I've noticed a bizarre trend. It's as if everyone across the globe has answered some calling from a distant mothership and decided on one thing . . . . . to list Inmates at a really expensive price.
WTF? Inmates aren't super-rare. They're . . . y'know . . . Wires. But suddenly everyone across the Earth - to a man - has decided to try and sell them for crazy prices.

Really strange. I can only assume at some point very recently there were multiple scenes in homes around the world simultaneously running like this . . . .

Child - "Mom, what's happened to Dad? He's acting really strangely."

Mom - "I don't know, son. There was a blinding beam of light from outside our bedroom this morning . . . . and Dad has never been the same since."

Dad - "MUUUUST SELLLLL INMAAAATES. THREEEE HUUUNDRRRED DOLLLARRRSS . . . . "

Stoner brother - "It's aliens, man. I'm telling you. They're here, man. To infiltrate our Governments. First stop: drive up the price of Inmates."

Last edited:
. . . . by Herbsley & the Bunnymen.

People are strange
When they're on Ebay
Watching your items
And don't fking buy

Make you waste money
Re-listing items
Then they'll watch again
Cos they're strange

When they're stra-ange
Ebay won't tell you their name
When they're strange

People are strange
When they're on Ebay
Watch but no buying
Even your Buy It Nows

What is the point
Of continually watching
It p155es me off
You idiots. Get a life

When they're stra-ange
When they're strange
Ebay won't tell you their name.

When they're . . . .
Straaaaange.

LOL... made me remember the Lost Boys soundtrack! damn we are all straange!

Totally agree there is some bizarre behavior on the bay. I guess now I can comprehend why there are 25 watchers on a BIN listing, people are gauging prices. I wondered ok, you see a $100 pair of shades BIN wtf are you watching do you want it yes or no.

Back