• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Megajoule Shoe

alol

I am Jim Jannard...
United kingdom
Hi,

As they say everyday is a school day & I learnt something I was unaware of Oakley related Yesterday.
Basically I have Foot drop on my right side (as a cause from my Spinal Cord Injury) So I have to wear a splint Device to pull the front portion of my foot up to clear the ground when I walk.

I have been wearing EV zero shoes but they have been damaging the top of my foot (pressure sores are another by product of an Sci) as well as being exceedingly painful after a few hours.

After my latest visit to my Consultant he after my explanation of the above suggested an ankle height shoe may be a better bet.

I have Two pairs of Megajoule that I have had well over a decade so despite the fact they have worn through in the heel area of the lining (like a lot of O Shoes do) they have been so much more comfortable than the other stuff I have been wearing.

As they are well worn I thought I'd struck lucky when I found a pair of suitable size hardly worn MJ on Ebay. A deal was struck & they arrived Yesterday.

To my dismay I discovered that they are not like a Hi top trainer more like a normal one. To this end I have unfortunately arranged to return them.

O review (which I checked prior to buying) makes no mention of alternative styles within this Platform.

Just reaching out to see if some of the Collectors on here can shed some light on this.

TIA

Most regular megajoule’s are low ankle. You’d have to look for a mid megajoule to get the ankle support. Most every pair I’ve owned are of the below ankle assortment. The Mids are less likely to come across but I don’t look that often either.

I'll have to stick with what I have by the looks, I occasionally look at what is for Sale on the Bay but with regard to MJ I don't recall ever seeing a pair of Mid ones before these. It's a pity as they are Mint compared to mine but they're really of no use to me unfortunately.

Latest Posts

Back