• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Long Time Oakley Fan, First Time Posting

-=Jeff=-

Oakley Expert
I started wearing them in the late 80s.. I had Black Blades with Grey lenses, then a pair with the first purple iridium..

int he 90s I had probably 4 or 5 M Frames, still have 2 of those, that have the bent earpiece near the lens frame. I had them what they said 'Oakley' now the older 2 pair just have the 'O'. Both Black Iridium Lens, one black frame, one Carbon Fiber look..

int he late 90s I needed Rx, so I have a bunch of RX Although some of the lenses have seen better days:

Newer M frames (2000) Black with Black Iridium RX

XX Gloss Black with Black Iridium Polarized RX

Half Jackets Grey Frames with Black Iridium Polarized RX

X Metal XX Titanium color ( I think) with Black Iridium Polarized RX

X Metal XX is my Favorite, but I need new lenses.. I am going to contacts and want to find replacement lenses for the X Metals

My last pair is Why 8, Polished Chrome with clear lens RX

Anyway, I have a bit renewed interest since I want to convert the X Metal to non-RX and possible get a spare lens set for the Half Jacket which I could then swap if needed

Hello Jeff and Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!

To answer your question about repalcement lenses for your X Metal XX, Oakley sells the 24k, and the Black iridium only.....You could find some aftermarket replacement lenses from a few companies on Ebay, but they are not as good as the originals...

Yeah I saw the Black Iridium is still available from Oakley. I will probably get a pair just because.. I would really like Black Iridium Polarized, I saw a post here on custom cutting some lenses.. I may try that if the contacts work out.. LOL

welcome to our community!

PS i agree with xmetalmaniac on the quality of the aftermarket lenses like VL or whatever...

Thanks again.. I will order the lenses from Oakley then

here is a pic of my CF M-frames

2011-09-08_06-59-15_865.jpg

Back