• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Judge watch custom bracelet process

baeblade

Oakley Beginner
Hey,
Soooooooo, A while back I bought a Judge 1 (2004) for the low because it had a broken leather strap and missing clasp.
I decided to make a project out of it.
Here bellow follows some of the process from figuring out the attachment and crafting a sterling silver chain for the watch.
I thought maybe this could be of help for anyone attempting something similar (but mainly I just wanted to share it :p).
-
The parts on the top row are silver copies of the end of the original leather bracelet with matching thickness meaning that I could sandwich it between the attachment parts of the watch. Then I attached the chain links to the sandwiched parts meaning that the bracelet I made is replaceable and didn't require me damaging the original watch.
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.39.21.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.42.07.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.40.14.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.41.56.png

Following that I crafted a spring lock complete with a handle made from a surgical steel screw. I like the idea of giving this 20 year old watch a bracelet that looks like it has experienced a real adventure. Anyways I modeled a couple of parts closest to the watch from silver clay (99.9% silver) to act as a connector between the sleek produced style of the Oakley watch and my rough chain links. Following this the lock needed a hook on the opposite side of the bracelet.
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.55.07.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.57.28.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.56.22.png
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 23.59.51.png

I put it all together and made some photos as you can see below.
Instascreweddetail2.jpg
Instascreweddetail1.jpg
Instascreweddetail3.jpg

This is awesome! I'm actually in the same predicament now. My husband is an Oakley collector, so every gift I get him some sort of vintage glasses, watch or bag lol ANYWAY I'm currently in the process of getting him a Judge that needs a new strap. I'm opting for a custom Croc. I do not have the watch in hand yet... can you please confirm if the lug width is 15.4mm? Or if you would suggest using a different size? I was planning on just swapping the new straps myself. 🤞 TIA!

This is awesome! I'm actually in the same predicament now. My husband is an Oakley collector, so every gift I get him some sort of vintage glasses, watch or bag lol ANYWAY I'm currently in the process of getting him a Judge that needs a new strap. I'm opting for a custom Croc. I do not have the watch in hand yet... can you please confirm if the lug width is 15.4mm? Or if you would suggest using a different size? I was planning on just swapping the new straps myself. 🤞 TIA!
Hi, as you can see in the pictures above the Judge does not have normal lugs with a spring attachment. The watch has metal plates where the leather strap clamps inbetween the watch body and the plates ( 2 watch shops refused to make me a new leather strap for it because of this). Original Oakley leather ones are not the easiest to find. Maybe someone here on the forum can help you out, I saw you wrote in the other thread as well. best of luck, please update me if you find a solution :)

p.s what you can do is to replace the end piece of the Judge watchcase with one from an Oakley saddleback because that one has regular lugs with a spring.

Back