• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Identifiable selling platform

Personally, I think ALL members interested in SELLING (maybe even BUYING) should be required to use the actual website with the 2-Step verification process (where a code is sent to the member's cell phone or email). It works great for me, and I think it would eliminate a lot of the issues with stolen or hijacked accounts.
This! 👆

Aloha Oakley Forum. Was thinking about my account being hacked and what would prevent a scammer from pretending to be me. And I thought about the background that I use. Here's an Idea and I wanted to ask people what they thought of this. I'm thinking of creating a background for whatever I'm selling that will be unique to me. I have glasses and other knick-knacks that are one-of-a-kind or custom made. And if some of these were seen in the background, you'll know that it's me. Perhaps even a way of showing time and/or day in the background as well. I'm willing to do things like this so people will know that I ain't out to scam anyone. And trying to think of a way to make this place hard for scammers. So what do you think? :cool:🤙
You would be easy to spot as a fake if someone tried to be you. They would forget to say Mahalo and Aloha and also end everything with a
1713737411198.png
1713737418711.png
😎🤙

Yes, we would need @OakleyBoss to make such a change. BUT, don't be too excited, as people can still mess this up. Even with the added security measure, we can't assume everything is safe and nothing can go wrong. The 2-step verification is great, but new members only need 15 posts before they can sell, so they are relatively unknown. Also, there might be some sneaky hacker tricks I'm unaware of... like hijacking an account that doesn't have the 2-step verification, then ADDING it!
If they are brand new and you sent them FF then you deserve the outcome.... LOL!

2-Factor is already in-use on the site, will look at how much more stringent we can get with it. Completely agree with the photos - this is so common on every other website, and proves you actually have the goods. Now people can still do shady stuff with that but still adds another layer of certainty.

2-Factor is already in-use on the site, will look at how much more stringent we can get with it. Completely agree with the photos - this is so common on every other website, and proves you actually have the goods. Now people can still do shady stuff with that but still adds another layer of certainty.
Yeah true it might not be 100%. But with personal touches, I believe we can make things extremely difficult for someone to reuse our photos. :cool:🤙

I'd be all for this.
However it likely won't protect against legit members who, in a final F YOU, try to sell off a handful of items and make off with the money and goods.
But I like anything that would make selling/buying on here more secure.

A few things that could help...

1. Time and date within reasonable time of posting.
2. Phone number and call verification with text of photos from same number with sale date and time.
3. Move all sales to selling platform for finalization of transaction.

or the least desirable I'm sure would be

4. Creation of seller list with verified individual personal information that can be checked against when selling.

Latest Posts

Back