• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

GDLP Eye Jacket and Eye Jacket Redux

How much more do they charge for the service? I would like to know a bit more about the service if you don't mind.
I cant remember what that was. There are two fees they apply, a bank fee for the currency conversion, and the fee they charge. I think if you go to the site you can create an order without paying anything just to see what the cost would be.

It’s likely tied to upcoming requirements for travel to Brazil as well as ongoing fraud from other countries. You will have to share bank statement information if you want to visit Brazil beginning next year, so maybe they are forcing these companies to do the same for business. Since Micah has a preexisting account perhaps he just missed the requirement, or it could be random audits as well.

This is probably correct.
I lived in Brazil for almost a year for work a while back. At the time, they still required a CPF for stuff, but you could apply for that online before you got there. Now, you can only apply for that in person in Brazil or at a Brazilian Consulate. Mine has expired because it was for temporary expats. You have to use that for nearly all major purchases so they can track what taxes you owe. I think the tax rate was like 19% for citizens around Sau Paulo and I think I had to pay 25% as an expat.

"If you still feel uncomfortable sharing this information, we respect your decision. However, please note that without the required documents, we are unable to proceed with your order. In such cases, we can only refund the product subtotal and domestic shipping fee in accordance with our policy. Unfortunately, the BFM fee and bank fee are non-refundable, as indicated on the Buy For Me page."

Shady mofos. So they'll keep $50 for doing nothing? I'll end up doing a charge back, but they'll ban me. Oh well.

"If you still feel uncomfortable sharing this information, we respect your decision. However, please note that without the required documents, we are unable to proceed with your order. In such cases, we can only refund the product subtotal and domestic shipping fee in accordance with our policy. Unfortunately, the BFM fee and bank fee are non-refundable, as indicated on the Buy For Me page."

Shady mofos. So they'll keep $50 for doing nothing? I'll end up doing a charge back, but they'll ban me. Oh well.
These sunglasses are overpriced anyways...

Back