• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel Cell fit question

Maldoror

Oakley Beginner
I have no Oakley store near me, so no way to try different frames on other than ordering blind based off dimensions. I am curious if Fuel Cell would fit me. I imagine myself to have a medium head, but not sure on measurements.

Monster Dog fit me
Straight Jacket fits me
Pit Boss is too big for me, bottom of the frame touches my cheek.

On the Oakley website is seems Fuel Cell has a longer lens than Pit Boss which would seem to rule them out. but I wonder if this is true in practise, as fuel cell may have more of a wrap/not be so wide?

I would just get crankshaft, but they don't seem to come with VR28 lenses which is what I'm after. I could just go Gascan, but I slightly prefer the Fuel Cells look.

What are the chances of Fuel cell fitting me??

If the MD fits you should be fine for a Fuel Cell

Pics of MD vs Fuelie fit
image.jpg

image.jpg

I consider myself to have a medium to large head. I can wear many pairs just fine, but the Fuel Cell is just a bit wide. I recently bought a Fuel Cell NYC exclusive while on vacation there, but it is not a wear pair. I just bought it to commemorate my trip. Straight Jackets fit me really well, and like you, the Pit Boss II is a bit wide on me. Seems like I have a hard time wearing frames with a 60mm lens width. I feel like my limit on most is 58mm.

I have no Oakley store near me, so no way to try different frames on other than ordering blind based off dimensions. I am curious if Fuel Cell would fit me. I imagine myself to have a medium head, but not sure on measurements.

Monster Dog fit me
Straight Jacket fits me
Pit Boss is too big for me, bottom of the frame touches my cheek.

On the Oakley website is seems Fuel Cell has a longer lens than Pit Boss which would seem to rule them out. but I wonder if this is true in practise, as fuel cell may have more of a wrap/not be so wide?

I would just get crankshaft, but they don't seem to come with VR28 lenses which is what I'm after. I could just go Gascan, but I slightly prefer the Fuel Cells look.

What are the chances of Fuel cell fitting me??
It seems like a lot of the frames you list fit me similarly. That said, take this into consideration. The Fuel Cell has no rubber on it to help with fit and comfort. To make up for that it fits tighter around the head and puts extra stress on the bridge of the nose compared to other frames of similar size, making them tough to wear all day without discomfort for a lot of people, myself included. While there are a lot of really nice Fuel Cell designs and colorways out there I think you'll find that you leave them on the shelf more often than you'd like in favor of something more comfortable.

Thanks for all your comments I have pushed the button on some Black Ink/Ice Iridium Polarized. The company does returns so no issue if they don't fit. Also ordered some Tailends! Damn, getting addicted..

Back